Anyone with a factory low LC

Santa-2512

Omnipotent one
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have question regarding the side stand foot.

Ive been told they have a different footprint to a std LC is that the case?

And also is the foot totally flat across its length?

mine has a bend in it, and i'm trying to find if it is OE, or caused by people stepping onto the pegs to get on the bike ?

mine has a bend in it, and i'm trying to find if it is OE, or caused by people stepping onto the pegs to get on the bike ?
I have a mate with one. In comparison with my standard height bike the side stand foot is longer and not as broad. It is flat across its length. Just an opinion, but I doubt mounting the bike while on the side stand would bend it. They are very strong.
Alan R

Do you want me to take a pic of mine pal ?

I think that is normal, Santa.

Mine goes down about 4" then "kinks out" by another 20 degrees down the rest of its length. The design is to accommodate the reduced height and ensure a good angle of "prop" for the bike.

Nothing to worry about :)

I have a mate with one. In comparison with my standard height bike the side stand foot is longer and not as broad. It is flat across its length. Just an opinion, but I doubt mounting the bike while on the side stand would bend it. They are very strong.
Alan R

So do the standard accessory kickstand Foot plates fit a low bike then ? Like the ones on all the sales sites (Ebay/alibaba etc).

If you don't mind waiting I'll have a look later....

I know the bigger extension plates are different for low and not low bikes so the stands must be different....which answers your second question....have a look at Nippy Normans website and you'll see different plates for different bikes.

So do the standard accessory kickstand Foot plates fit a low bike then ? Like the ones on all the sales sites (Ebay/alibaba etc).

No,I had to buy one specific to bike

I have a lowered 1250GS and there is a definite kink in the side stand, just below the spring mountings. It is very obviously designed-in though as there looks to be a join in the stand at that point between the top pivot section and the main part of the stand. It definitely does NOT look as if it might be bent.

I think that is normal, Santa.

Mine goes down about 4" then "kinks out" by another 20 degrees down the rest of its length. The design is to accommodate the reduced height and ensure a good angle of "prop" for the bike.

Nothing to worry about :)

I know what you mean about the kink in the tube area, this is on the flat foot part, i'll get pics up tommorrow

I have a lowered 1250GS and there is a definite kink in the side stand, just below the spring mountings. It is very obviously designed-in though as there looks to be a join in the stand at that point between the top pivot section and the main part of the stand. It definitely does NOT look as if it might be bent.

This is in the foot, not the tube, i'll get pics up later ;)

It would appear mine is not

2016 LC factory low

I know whats caused it, 4 years of getting on the bike (and possibly off) whilst on the side stand using the pegs to get enough height to swing the leg over

I'm going to see if i can make a warranty claim (along with the other bits) ive only had the bike 2 months so not down to me ;)

Attachments

• Foot 1.jpg
    Foot 1.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 226
  • foot 2.jpg
    foot 2.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 218
That definitely looks wrong to me. The only part of the foot putting pressure on the ground is where it joins the main arm

Unless the arm itself is distorted and isn’t putting the foot flat on the ground so the foot bent over time.

Looks like someone was turning the bike on the side stand a lot with it fully loaded.

I have never had a issue like that on my own bike and the mrs gets on the bike with side stand down.

We'll see what they say,

if they wont play ball, some heat a large pair of Stilsons and some quenching will persuade it ;)

It would appear mine is not

2016 LC factory low

I know whats caused it, 4 years of getting on the bike (and possibly off) whilst on the side stand using the pegs to get enough height to swing the leg over

I'm going to see if i can make a warranty claim (along with the other bits) ive only had the bike 2 months so not down to me ;)

get a couple of hammers and knock it straight.

My other half as a 17 plate which is factory lowered and has touratech footplate extension fits fine.
I'd post picture but dont know how

I wonder if the bike was tipped on the side stand to get the wheel off, can't see that bending by stepping on the peg to get on.

Back
Top Bottom