Packtalk Duo dropping connection with Nav V and Iphone X

NLC

Reaction score
Just seeing if anyone else has had this issue. I am trying to pair a Nav 5 and Iphone X with a Scala Packtalk Duo on my RT. I have used the interncom before with a Garmin 660 and same phone. I can pair the Iphone and the Nav 5 seperately but when I try to pair them together (phone on bluetooth channel 1 and GPS on channel two) the other device disconnects and won't pair. I've updated the firmware on the Packtalk, reset the network settings on the phone, reset the Packtalk and reset/updaetd the Nav 5. I've also tried pairing the GPS to channel 1 and the phone to channel 2. I've tried turning one off then the other and I have even held my breath for 30 seconds and still no luck. I've read that the Garmin BMW units are a bit difficult when pairing to non-BMW equipment. I am aware you can pair the phone with the Nav 5 but then I can't listen to my music on Spotify. I know the Nav 5 has some software that you can install on the phone for live updates etc. but haven't done much research on that. Just thought I would ask the question before I call Cardo in the US. I'll post the solution (if there is one) when I phone Cardo but I thought I would ask the question if someone had same issue. :thumby:

I have a Packtalk duo and have used it with a Nav V and now a Nav VI. I have my iPhone 6s paired to the Nav and to my Helmet directly (as I use the Packtalk with different bikes so not always my Nav). So I have the phone paired on ADP to Garmin and Phone paired to Garmin and Helmet on a second ADP channel. I only use BT for passenger comms, well in fact I only use Mesh now for passenger comms and bike to bike. I always make sure my Packtalk is on before I switch the bike and Nav on. It connects every time without fail. When a phone call comes in, it prioritises the Nav VI connection over the direct connection. When my Nav isn't fitted phone calls go direct to the Packtalk. There is a Packtalk facebook page/group, lots of users on there.

Thanks will check out the Facebook group. Thanks for the tip.

Hum my thoughts are you might not have all the settings in the right order as I don't have a problem with things dropping out even voice controle on both my bold and original packtalk work fine perhaps the nav unit needs a tweak go into settings and see what you have linked
Another thing to look at is proximity alerts ie speed cams and over speed indicators that are a pain and cause the units to shut you out momentarily

Oh and if you do ring Cardo please ask them from me why when I rename my bold it still says packtalk bold when turned on and not the name I gave it
Thanks

Oh and if you do ring Cardo please ask them from me why when I rename my bold it still says packtalk bold when turned on and not the name I gave it
Thanks

Renaming doesn't work anymore, they have dropped that option. If you named it when the community was around it will keep the name until you update the firmware. But now using the connect app and latest firmware, naming has gone.

Thanks

Renaming doesn't work anymore, they have dropped that option. If you named it when the community was around it will keep the name until you update the firmware. But now using the connect app and latest firmware, naming has gone.

From Cardo
Hi Andrew, thank you for reaching out.

this feature has been retired from all PACKTALK and FREECOM line from V4.0 and is available only on SRC pro, G9, G9x, and Sho-1.

Thank you for your understanding, Eli.

The unit name is still available, but not the announcement upon activation.

From Cardo
Hi Andrew, thank you for reaching out.

this feature has been retired from all PACKTALK and FREECOM line from V4.0 and is available only on SRC pro, G9, G9x, and Sho-1.

Thank you for your understanding, Eli.

The unit name is still available, but not the announcement upon activation.

Didn't believe me then :)

Well after the threat of violence it finally worked. After erasing the iPhone, Nav 5 and Packtalk Duo I was finally able to sync everything. If I had to guess reinstalling the firmware twice is what did it. I was advised by Cardo to delete all the installation files from the installer and two hard resets on Packtalk Duo. They also advised that the instructions on the website were better than the ones that came with the unit?? What is the point in hiding the more clear instructions rather than sending them with the unit in the first place? :confused: In any case a shout out to Shelly from Cardo who was very responsive.

Back
Top Bottom