Aux lights for 2016 RTW

NLC

Reaction score
Just got an RT which I am enjoying. Considering adding some AUX lights. Any thoughts on what works best? I have seen some mounted under the mirror and some mounted off the heads (BMW stock and some third parties that use the OEM brackets).

Just got an RT which I am enjoying. Considering adding some AUX lights. Any thoughts on what works best? I have seen some mounted under the mirror and some mounted off the heads (BMW stock and some third parties that use the OEM brackets).

I have the ones under the mirrors, they are Denali D2s, been brilliant for a few years now. I also bought the Denali Cansmart to run them, its then plug and play

Thanks will take a look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hay mate, I have a 14 plate and went with engine bars and aftermarket fog/spot lights, all in cast me around £200 and engine has some protection. Only took about 2 hours to fit/wire in mainly cause of my OCD and every wire needs to be in the perfect place.

Have some pics but bo idea how to upload them, if u want them I cam pm to you! They work a treat!

Good luck pal

Ah that almost worked, the pics are the correct way on my pad! Dhoo!

Attachments

• 2ADAE997-0396-4F81-8DD1-F73A6457ADB6.jpg
    2ADAE997-0396-4F81-8DD1-F73A6457ADB6.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 363
  • C494C385-01E9-4A22-BEC3-90E71DFF12BB.jpg
    C494C385-01E9-4A22-BEC3-90E71DFF12BB.jpg
    277.7 KB · Views: 317
  • 75A4F921-AC2D-4E6D-BDD6-00F5A8ECA5D8.jpg
    75A4F921-AC2D-4E6D-BDD6-00F5A8ECA5D8.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 327
Looks good. Did you get the lights from Da Bay?

I have a set of Rigid Industries Duallies on my R9T and they are amazing. Priced far less that Denalis, but more than Chinese tat. Well worth the money.
I did want another pair but couldn't stretch to it so took a punt on some Chinese tat from AliExpress.
https://a.aliexpress.com/_dYfe4iW

They aren't quite as good as the Duallies, but they are 1/8th of the price and not significantly much worse. The build quality seems decent but obviously the proof will be how long they last. Light-wise they throw a good amount forward and to the side with the combo lense as I chose. Mounting equipment was adequate for my needs.

I've bought some junk from eBay etc in the past and ended up binning them but for the money I think this budget option would do what most people would want them to.

My Duallies feel like they will last forever, the cheap ones likely won't, but if they last a.couple of years I'll gladly buy them again.

Yep feebly, £45 just added a relay when fitting so they cut off with the ignition! Does the trick nicely

Yep feebly, £45 just added a relay when fitting so they cut off with the ignition! Does the trick nicely

Thanks. Took a gamble on some on flea bay that have a TUI E9 rating so slightly more expensive. They look exactly like yours. I looked at the Denali lights and ridiculous pricing and if I still have to replace these three times I will still be ahead. I got some brackets from Oldtimers to hang the lights off which are identifical to the BMW mounting bars.

Coolio, hope all goes well. Fitting and wiring into ignition side is a doddle if you need anything please feel free to ask, ,y set of lights have lasted 2 years so far so it’s a bargain!

Regards and best of luck

Coolio, hope all goes well. Fitting and wiring into ignition side is a doddle if you need anything please feel free to ask, ,y set of lights have lasted 2 years so far so it’s a bargain!

Regards and best of luck

The fleabay oem lookylikeys are not bad,

The light output is white with a flat horizontal spread, no focus hot spot so to speak

There is no plug in each light unit, they are hard wired and sealed via silicone sealant

They are not watertight, and will fill with water, eventually.

I just took them apart, quite easy, removed the old silicone , dried the lenses out and resealed them.

if i get another pair, i will drill a small hole in the bottom of the case, to allow the water to escape

Well got the bike apart and managed to add anything. In the end I went for the Fleabay E9 for about £50 (which were also recommended by Oldtimers), the LED brackets from Oldtimers (£45) and decided on the EzCan to wire everything in (£180). I could have wired it directly in but because my bike has a 2 year BMW approved warranty I did not want to get into a pissing match with the Dealer if something went wrong. I got to say I am impressed with the Oldtimer brackets, the EzCan and the lights. Must say the EzCan support was great and nice little features on the unit (auto-dimming of the LED using the light sensor on the RT, ability to control lights from the spin wheel and no need for an additional switch, blinking on hazard, turning light off on the same side of light when turn signal activated and, seeing what is going on by plugging in a computer). Admittedly these are nice to have but not needed to but does satisfy my inner geek. Word of warning in China for some reason is +ve is black sometimes and that caught me out when wiring them up as I had to changed the connectors.

Attachments

• IMG_1391.jpg
    IMG_1391.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_8650.jpg
    IMG_8650.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_9854.jpg
    IMG_9854.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 191
  • 752172E7-0674-4716-A23E-9E7524A7EB89.jpg
    752172E7-0674-4716-A23E-9E7524A7EB89.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 213
Looking good. Get a nice feeling with you do it all yourself. Have you tried them out yet?

They are great. I like the autodim feature to adjust for day/night use.

Looks great, would you have a link for the lights? Trying to find some to go with the EZCan but I’m lost in a sea of eBay things and can’t tell what’s any good any more!

Back
Top Bottom