Paint code/colour of 1250GS Rally crash bars

GS1250SMD

Reaction score
Forgot to take the disc lock off yesterday and so dropped bike on drive. Small grit marks on crasher bars which should tidy- anyone know what is the paint code and or colour for this? And where I can get a spray can of it? Thanks

I thought the OEM BMW crash bars are all electropolished stainless steel so they aren't painted/coated (I could be wrong) :nenau
What colour is your crash bars?

Forgot to take the disc lock off yesterday and so dropped bike on drive. Small grit marks on crasher bars which should tidy- anyone know what is the paint code and or colour for this? And where I can get a spray can of it? Thanks

I have only seen these bikes with the stainless steel bar. If it is colored, the color would most likely match a frame color.
A search on the realoem.com for painted parts also reveal the paint code.

I know this is the Adventure but is this the same colour as yours? If this is the case, it's stainless steel and not painted.

RWfZTQq.jpg

Great advice- thanks

As suggested by Jverdoes, this is stainles steel.
Any scratch with ridges is flattened by a fine file, then you finish off with emery paper.

Thanks for the advice- fine wet and dry and natural oxidation you can't tell there were marks. Advice spot on. Bought a couple of Nippy Norman cylinder head protectors just in case I do something similar again.

Attachments

• Head covers.jpg
    Head covers.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 508

Back
Top Bottom