Clutch creep

kwallace21

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have a 2018 GSA and find it really clunk's when selecting first gear. Is there any way to adjust the clutch to stop it creeping when doing this.
Also I noticed in the 26 degree heat today my right thigh was very warm. Looks like it's probably coming off the cat on the right side. It would be welcome in winter but not this weather.

My 1250 does it worse than my late 1200LC

What clutch creep .. never had it … you need to go to your dealer.. simples . I ride with 3 other 1250s and no issues at all .Well apart from the guy on 1290 ……………………………………………………we are always waiting

Yours doesn't clunk when it goes in ti 1st from standstill?

No not really a clunk , more like a plunk , no still normal , my R1 was a lottery of gears ...In all fairness tho I only pleasure ride so never put in neural on the go , only when staring off again from a stop (coffee), but its still normal and not clunky at all.

Clutch

It's got a mere 2300 miles on it.
It's the usual big clunk going into first.
My twin cam did it and so have lost of my bikes but this is worse than the others.

It will be worse than your twin cam as the LC has a wet clutch and I thought this provides an element of drive even when the clutch is pulled?

All wet clutch’s clunk when going into gear in my experience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

klunk is normal.

creep is not normal (ie its in gear , clutch in and bike want to go riding).

Also I noticed in the 26 degree heat today my right thigh was very warm. Looks like it's probably coming off the cat on the right side. It would be welcome in winter but not this weather.

Try riding a Triumph 1200 Scrambler … You'd forgive your GS anything after that :thumb

Could always try this Puig heatshield that fits adjacent to flapper valve to stop some heat on exhaust side.
dd18b9216ef052b1560ba96b4bc01b88.jpg
0a7b96a27ada06a92fcf4d5aa9cda080.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom