Pairing? Zumo XT, iPhone, Sena....

adm1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
While I wait for my XT to be delivered later today, I thought I would pick your brains on pairing my devices.

Currently, I have a Schuberth SC4 Pro lid with the integrated SC1A comms, which I believe is equivalent to a Sena 10s or something like that. It is paired to my iPhone 11 Pro. No issues at all and it works great. I did th last firmware update last night, so it should be current.

When I get the XT, should I unpair the Sena from the phone, then pair the Sena and the phone both to the XT so that it acts kind of like a "hub"?

Or is that not how it works and I should leave the Sena and phone paired "as is" and simply pair the XT to my phone - with the phone acting as the hub?

Any thoughts from those who have don this already?

I had my zumo 660lm paired to phone and cardo headset and this worked great for me as you can use the zumo to answer phone etc.

I have setup my new zumo xt to be in the same setup but not yet tested in anger but I hope to be the same usage as the 660.

I unpaired the headset and phone from the 660 and paired them with the xt.

I had my zumo 660lm paired to phone and cardo headset and this worked great for me as you can use the zumo to answer phone etc.

I have setup my new zumo xt to be in the same setup but not yet tested in anger but I hope to be the same usage as the 660.

I unpaired the headset and phone from the 660 and paired them with the xt.

Thanks! Got mine this afternoon and have paired both the phone and the sena with the XT, which seems to work. I have yet to test it in anger as well, but I am getting spoken directions, music and phone calls into the helmet and can dial phone numbers from the XT via voice or phone book, which is much better than trying to do it from the sena.

First impressions of the XT are that it's a rather nice bit of kit. Lots of playing to be done, and I will also have to learn Garmin Base Camp now....

My only grip is that I don't understand why the mount isn't already assembled when you get it. It's a bit fiddly with the little top hat spacers and things. Still, no big deal.

Glad you got the xt setup the way you needed. I noted that you can play audio via the xt from your mobile which the 660 didnt do. I played a dab radio station using this feature.

Thanks! Got mine this afternoon and have paired both the phone and the sena with the XT, which seems to work. I have yet to test it in anger as well, but I am getting spoken directions, music and phone calls into the helmet and can dial phone numbers from the XT via voice or phone book, which is much better than trying to do it from the sena.

First impressions of the XT are that it's a rather nice bit of kit. Lots of playing to be done, and I will also have to learn Garmin Base Camp now....

My only grip is that I don't understand why the mount isn't already assembled when you get it. It's a bit fiddly with the little top hat spacers and things. Still, no big deal.

They can't supply the mount pre-assembled as Garmin have no way of knowing how the unit is to be mounted or to which brand of motorcycle.(no everybody uses the ram option).

They can't supply the mount pre-assembled as Garmin have no way of knowing how the unit is to be mounted or to which brand of motorcycle.(no everybody uses the ram option).

Yeah, I suppose so. Although most people probably do use it.

I got the mount installed on my bike this morning and the power run to the battery. All good. It's all fine except those Ram mounts are awfully gawky, ugly looking things with their swivels and big plastic tightening handles. I'd like a sleeker more low profile mount. I guess I could always knock up something simple and non adjustable to bolt down to the bar risers.

Glad you got the xt setup the way you needed. I noted that you can play audio via the xt from your mobile which the 660 didnt do. I played a dab radio station using this feature.

Yep. Mine started playing Planet Rock streaming radio when I paired the phone. Got the mount all installed and wire this morning, so good to go for a test ride with it ASAP.

Yeah, I suppose so. Although most people probably do use it.

I got the mount installed on my bike this morning and the power run to the battery. All good. It's all fine except those Ram mounts are awfully gawky, ugly looking things with their swivels and big plastic tightening handles. I'd like a sleeker more low profile mount. I guess I could always knock up something simple and non adjustable to bolt down to the bar risers.

That is just the reason I do not personally like ram mounts - albeit that they offer a simple solution.

Back
Top Bottom