Just dropped my GS1250!!!

Snelly55

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
At zero speed and gentle so no major drama! Need a new brake lever and a replacement X-Head. So glad I put them on last month.

Is there a bling brake lever that anyone could recommend?

Thanks.

That's a bummer pal.Welcome to the club

These...... Well you did say bling.:)

Attachments

• download (2).jpeg
    download (2).jpeg
    5 KB · Views: 1,246
Did you take a picture of it on its side? That’s the rule.

What is wrong with your X-Head valve cover? I have dropped my 1200 on both sides without crash bars and it only leaves a small mark on the plastic. One drop was stopped and the other the bike slid for 20 ft. The 20 ft one has been shaved down a little but no so bad as to have to replace it.

Don't worry there is something in the air.

seems a spate of similar minor mishaps, think rather of yourself as part of a small exclusive club :D

New member.

Dropped at standstill.

RHS, the minor scratches just give me more adventure credibility, very handy on way to Waitrose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How did the lever brake ? Isn't there the stock (but weak) plastic hand guards?

Glad you're OK mate.

Easy to break an ankle, or worse :eek::eek:

Bugger - what happened?

My bike is stored at the back of our Victorian House and to get to the road, I have a somewhat precarious ramp arrangement to drop the 4-5 feet or so to the road. The ramp is actually a scaffolding platform, a little less than a metre wide. Anyway, I rode it down the ramp yesterday and as I got to the kerb, a woman was walking towards the ramp (and warning cone that I put there to alert people!) and she let out a bit of a shriek. I applied the brake, the hill hold feature activated and and before I could squeeze the brake to release it, the bike started to unbalance. The kerb was too far away to reach so my foot floundered in fresh air and down we gently came.

I wish I had the foresight to have taken a picture but was too concerned with getting it upright!

X-Head just cosmetically damaged.

No idea how the brake lever got snapped but the guard was ineffective and I need to replace it. Suggestions welcome.

And I also discovered that my left foot kicked off the rear indicator too as I leapt out of the way! It still works perfectly though and was connected back properly this morning.

All rather comical, slightly depressing and lucky to have nothing other than mildly wounded pride as a result really.

On the same subject I have recently learned that even with the torque of the shift-cam engine if you try to pull away from a junction in 3rd gear the bike will stall and fall in the direction you are turning. Ooops, and I'm glad I fitted engine bars!

My bike is stored at the back of our Victorian House and to get to the road, I have a somewhat precarious ramp arrangement to drop the 4-5 feet or so to the road. The ramp is actually a scaffolding platform, a little less than a metre wide. Anyway, I rode it down the ramp yesterday and as I got to the kerb, a woman was walking towards the ramp (and warning cone that I put there to alert people!) and she let out a bit of a shriek. I applied the brake, the hill hold feature activated and and before I could squeeze the brake to release it, the bike started to unbalance. The kerb was too far away to reach so my foot floundered in fresh air and down we gently came.

I wish I had the foresight to have taken a picture but was too concerned with getting it upright!

X-Head just cosmetically damaged.

No idea how the brake lever got snapped but the guard was ineffective and I need to replace it. Suggestions welcome.

And I also discovered that my left foot kicked off the rear indicator too as I leapt out of the way! It still works perfectly though and was connected back properly this morning.

All rather comical, slightly depressing and lucky to have nothing other than mildly wounded pride as a result really.

Is it possible to put some height left and right of ramp, to help foot , for hope not next time.

I don't think there will be a next time. I have been doing this for 3 years already with no mishaps. Just one of those things.

My solution is a bit more extreme - move house!!! Not least because the much bigger problem is we don't have a driveway so cars often block the gate and I cannot even get my bike out, or worse still, back in!

Is it possible to put some height left and right of ramp, to help foot , for hope not next time.

Back
Top Bottom