Cotswold BMW

Big Si

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Does anyone know what they use as loan bikes whilst servicing customers bikes or is it just a case of whatever they have knocking about/demonstrators etc?

I had a loaner last October.

I was b impressed with the whole thing if I’m honest. I booked it on booking service, wanted to try a particular bike.

If none available the park and ride is nearby for a nice bimble around town

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry I mis read your post.

I thought you asked if they did them.

Apols. I had a go on one from a choice of 3 I think it was.

Worth a call for sure.

As I say I found them v good. I travelled 3 hours where my nearest dealer is 20 mins. Says all you need to know really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 2 bikes that have been serviced at Cotswold, one since 2016 (R1200RS), the other (S1000XR) since 2018. Loan bikes have been: R1200RS, R1250RS, 1200GS Rallye, 1250 GS & F800GS. They charge a tenner which reduces the insurance excess to £250. If you want to be sneaky, arrange a demo ride with a salesperson to save the tenner. Only caveat, the sales guys might only give you a short time whereas the service bikes are yours for the day if booked well ahead. I am pretty sure, with enough notice I would have access to any bike in their fleet as a service loaner.

Yes, thanks folks. This subject came up whilst talking to a mate. He runs 2 Triumphs, bought and serviced at Blade Cheltenham. He rides a lot approx 35,000 a year between them minimum. It seemed to him that their observational marketing was first rate, eg. his Tiger 800 goes in and he always gets the newest, top of the range demo/loaner from the range above i.e. 900 or 1200. The same goes for his Street Triple, always the newest, top of the range model several "bands" above his one. Not rocket science I know, but a nice touch. It's a while since I had a bike serviced at a dealers and was just wondering if BMW dealers were as switched on in that respect. I enquired about an XR a while ago there and it'll be interesting if they clocked it now my GSA's in for a fettle.:nenau

Yes, thanks folks. This subject came up whilst talking to a mate. He runs 2 Triumphs, bought and serviced at Blade Cheltenham. He rides a lot approx 35,000 a year between them minimum. It seemed to him that their observational marketing was first rate, eg. his Tiger 800 goes in and he always gets the newest, top of the range demo/loaner from the range above i.e. 900 or 1200. The same goes for his Street Triple, always the newest, top of the range model several "bands" above his one. Not rocket science I know, but a nice touch. It's a while since I had a bike serviced at a dealers and was just wondering if BMW dealers were as switched on in that respect. I enquired about an XR a while ago there and it'll be interesting if they clocked it now my GSA's in for a fettle.:nenau

I was a Blade Cheltenham customer too. Owned an Explorer for a year, didn't get on with it. I had 2 services and as with your mate, had a 1200cc bike both times. Another Explorer and a rather nice 1200 Bonneville Black which was lovely for a sedate trundle in the Cotswolds on a sunny day. They also loaned me a Tiger 1050 for a day when I was ready for a change but didn't buy it. Just nothing in the Triumph range floats my boat. Blade in Swindon are good too. I'd go there if I fancied a V85 in the future.

My 1200 GSA TB is in for service on the 18th, I've asked for a 1250 GS and they've confirmed I'll be getting a 1250 GS TE - I'm looking to change as well.

If my RT went in for a service, I certainly would not want a K1600 unless I specifically asked for it (which I did once). I usually specify what I do and do not want - especially not a tall ADV-style bike that would require a step-ladder. I had to decline a GSA and settle for an Urban GS.

The loan bike I had from Cotswold was a S1000RR :D

Then I met up with some local tossers to go for a pootle to Monmouthshire ;)

Back
Top Bottom