1200GSA to 1250GS advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Jeffries

It's good to be back ..
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all, looking for a little advice.

I currently have a 2017 (1st July) GSA TB. It's booked in for its first MOT, a 12k service and a warranty check (I pay for the extended warranty) on the 18th June.

Whilst it's in I've asked for a 1250GS (not GSA) TE or Exclusive TE as a loaner as I intend to get one as soon as I can do a deal.

Apart from the colour is there any difference between the TE and Exclusive TE?

Can I use my GSA panniers on the 1250GS?

Will the 1200 Givi Trekker mounting plate and Givi tank ring fit the 1250?

Any other things I ought to know?

Cheers
Bob

Hi all, looking for a little advice.

I currently have a 2017 (1st July) GSA TB. It's booked in for its first MOT, a 12k service and a warranty check (I pay for the extended warranty) on the 18th June.

Whilst it's in I've asked for a 1250GS (not GSA) TE or Exclusive TE as a loaner as I intend to get one as soon as I can do a deal.

Apart from the colour is there any difference between the TE and Exclusive TE?

Can I use my GSA panniers on the 1250GS?

Will the 1200 Givi Trekker mounting plate and Givi tank ring fit the 1250?

Any other things I ought to know?

Cheers
Bob

No difference that I can recall. Just colorscheme.

Panniers - if you mean the GSA aluminiumannoers, you’ll need to fit the same scaffolding tubes as the GSA and also replace the passenger foot pegs with gsa versions else the vario moi ting lugs get in the way.

Givi tank ring will fit

Trekker mounting plate - again it will be for the GSA steel tube rear rack and not for plastic GS rear?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies. If the colour is the only difference I may go for the TE, the black coating on the engine has been the only area of concern on my current TB.

I'll start looking out for a set of GSA panniers frames and rear footrest hangers as I prefer the aluminum panniers and trekker topbox (anyone selling GSA panniers frames and rear footrests ?).

Thanks for the replies. If the colour is the only difference I may go for the TE, the black coating on the engine has been the only area of concern on my current TB.

I'll start looking out for a set of GSA panniers frames and rear footrest hangers as I prefer the aluminum panniers and trekker topbox (anyone selling GSA panniers frames and rear footrests ?).

Hi Bob,
What issues did you have with black engine coating ? About to buy a GS myself so very interested in your reply .
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom