exhaust paddle removal

paddy1023

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi
I have a 1200 gs adv 2017 model just wondering has anyone removed the exhaust paddle was there any problems
with the running of the bike after removal
many thanks Pat Blee

did it help any?... or lose power??

If you're talking about the flappy paddle and control servo motor, I fixed mine by completely removing the headers and swapping them for Akrapovic Titanium Headers with no cat, and no flappy valve, no servo motor & cables, no annoying squeak on startup and no ongoing maintenance issues.

Perfect :thumb2

Lighter, bling'ier and added an aftermarket plug in to keep the electronics happy.

I completely removed the flappy paddle servo motor and cables to reduce weight.

Hi
Where did yiu get the exhaust valve plug to fool the electronics ?

Hi
Where did yiu get the exhaust valve plug to fool the electronics ?

Mine was called a Woodcraft Racing Servo Buddy Eliminator and cost me £39.95 inc delivery off eBay

Just do an ebay search for "Servo Buddy" and model name of your bike.

Now it just looks really neat there, no servo motor.....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200604-222855_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200604-222855_Gallery.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 553
many thanks for your advice will try removing cables first just one more question I have a Akraprovic can on does the header pipes make it very loud because I do a lot of
touring would the noise get a annoying on a long run
thank you P Blee

I have the full Akra system fitted.
The noise is a personal thing, I tour with the missus on the back and she declined the offer to have the std can fitted back on when touring.

eh? you getting confused with the ex baffle

no, take end can off you can see the flap. Just held with 2 tig welds. Buff or drill then take circular flap plate off.
everything still works as it should, flap only works on tickover to control noise/emissions.
no performance gains etc, just piece of mind it wont matter if it sticks or fail.

no, take end can off you can see the flap. Just held with 2 tig welds. Buff or drill then take circular flap plate off.
everything still works as it should, flap only works on tickover to control noise/emissions.
no performance gains etc, just piece of mind it wont matter if it sticks or fail.

ok I see,but that's non revisable,well not easily reversable

Sure isnt, mainly because i threw flap in bin .

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I have the full Akra system fitted.
The noise is a personal thing, I tour with the missus on the back and she declined the offer to have the std can fitted back on when touring.

I have a full Akrapovic system and it's nice.... but I tried it with the db killer out and it was too loud.

Keep the db killers in and it's fine.

By default the flap is open. If you want to test the noise then just disconnect the cables.
The computer Controlled servo will do its thing and the valve will just stay open.
If you like it get the servo buddy and then take off the servo.
Totally reversible

On the 1250 the flap closes just off tick over and then opens up again at 4,500 rpm. It’s quite strange that when you blip the throttle it gets quieter.

Back
Top Bottom