Hose clamps: clic or jubilee?

vee5

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Having just whipped the air box off I had to remove a clic/single ear clamp on the breather hose, and I also noticed clic/single ear clamps on the radiator hose as I was going to change the coolant. Not had to deal with these clic clamps before, do peeps replace with another ear clamp or just bung a jubilee clip on?

can prise them off easily enough, but as I haven't a tool to reclip, I have just replaced with stainless jubilees as I've gone along..

If I had a suitable tool, I would have re-used (though you could equally argue, if you are planning a long distance journey, jubilees may be easier to deal with for those spontaneous repairs)

If you're going to buy a worm drive clamp, Jubilee (the brand) are pretty good (and offer a wide range), but there are other good ones depending on the application.

A few here

Jubilee clips are cumbersome compared to the OEM clic clamps. Treat yourself to a set of clic pliers.

can prise them off easily enough, but as I haven't a tool to reclip, I have just replaced with stainless jubilees as I've gone along..

If I had a suitable tool, I would have re-used (though you could equally argue, if you are planning a long distance journey, jubilees may be easier to deal with for those spontaneous repairs)

One of the attraction of jubilee clips for me was indeed the ease of dealing with them on a trip.....

I use cable ties - obviously not on coolant hoses - cut them off/put another on. Unobtrusive and the same colour as the hose.

Andres

I use stainless oetiker clips, easy to use. Nip them up with a pair of nail pullers happy days.

Thanks for your suggestions, I've gone with jubilee clips this time, mainly for convenience.

Apart from looking neater I was wondering whether oetiker clamps are supposed to me more secure than jubilee clips (not that I've ever had a jubilee clip come loose)? I'm also doing a coolant change on the Speed Triple this weekend and it looks like Triumph were happy to use jubilee clips on coolant hoses which suggests jubilee clips are up to the job....

Thanks for your suggestions, I've gone with jubilee clips this time, mainly for convenience.

Apart from looking neater I was wondering whether oetiker clamps are supposed to me more secure than jubilee clips (not that I've ever had a jubilee clip come loose)? I'm also doing a coolant change on the Speed Triple this weekend and it looks like Triumph were happy to use jubilee clips on coolant hoses which suggests jubilee clips are up to the job....

Did you get Jubilee by brand?

Stainless Jubilee?

Just watch for galling of stainless worm/stainless rack on those. You can be applying extreme pressure in the final stages of tightening. A smear of molykote will help.

Back
Top Bottom