Guten tag from Germany!

621Andy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi All, Got my hands on an 1150GS from 2000 with 93,000km on it last Saturday:friday

It's in pretty good nick but is currently being tidied up a bit and having a few bits replaced to avoid being left cursing on the roadside!

I've had previous experience of BMW, with an 1100RT which got sold when the bloody FD bearing ate itself and found me 'enjoying' Loon Plage near Calais for longer than I'd care for:mad:

Anyway after a few years on a Varadero, I bought a KTM 1190S Adventure last year but didn't really 'bond' with it despite it being a cracking bike. I also have a 2000 RD07A Africa Twin in Asia along with an Enfield 350!
Covid has meant I'm stuck at home currently jobless(Self-employed) so the KTM went on the market at the end of march, but despite lots of 'views' and interest it didn't sell as the market here is dead; everyone buying is also trying to sell and meanwhile dealers are selling stuff at less than private prices to get some cash moving. It's a good time to buy if you're not in the 'chain'...

A couple of weeks ago a very nice chap called and asked if he could have a look at it...No problem says I, and 20 minutes later there's a 28m long logging truck on our doorstep!
He liked the bike but again was trying to sell his, so I asked what it was- 1150GS! Anyway, long story short, we did a swap with a large chunk of cash in my favour too...

Covid has also meant that the normally straightforward process of registering a bike is bloody chaos and I've had to wait a week to register it, which will hopefully get done tomorrow morning.
In the meantime I've been sorting a million and one little jobs:) I may well do a separate post with pics on the work I've done.

Attachments

• brun1.jpg
    brun1.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 223
  • brun2.jpg
    brun2.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 211
Welcome. Wishing you success with Das Traktor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wilkommen.

I have friends who used to live near Kaiserslautern so I know your area a bit. Very nice!

Wilkommen! I lived in Falingbostel for 3 years from 10 to 13 years old as my Dad was an armourer in REME attached to 3rd Tank Regiment. Loved the country and the people.

Welcome Andy, sounds like you dropped lucky with your bike sale, although it's a shame you didn't bond with the Katoom. Lived in Germany as a yoof due to dad being in the army, loved it and still visit for hols etc. Looks like you're in great biking territory

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Welcome , what’s the situation in Germany re riding ,hotels , bars etc . Hope all well

Back
Top Bottom