i-Bt35Btx-L.jpg

:beerjug:

Always gold link::okay

Some pervs in here :D

Attachments

• IMG_20210730_111650363.jpg
    IMG_20210730_111650363.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 226
There's an almost new CT125 on Ebay now for £4,900!!!

No way is a CT125 worth that but I guess there's plenty who may pay it.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/25584652...Jh3bDPLmRBhRudWhI+XIM9/qw=|tkp:Bk9SR4r6hbSWYQ

Meanwhile on my 1968 version I thought I'd take a gamble and see if a pair of Betor Trials shocks would fit, I went for 340mm and 50lb spring.
Perfect, the difference in handling is remarkable and am sure it easily cope with with camping gear etc.

20221126_122946-X3.jpg

I wonder how much of the precious 8 HP that chain soaks up …

I wonder how much of the precious 8 HP that chain soaks up …

At the moment I have a 16bhp engine in, the chain is not HD and non O ring deliberately to reduce drag as much as possible.
With this 140cc engine it will pull away in 2nd and top out at near 70mph BUT I actually can't wait to finish the original engine and get it fitted.

It's the way forward :thumb

It's certainly my way forward :rob

My 'bike is on the boat and sailing. Arrives London 27th December :thumb2

By all accounts .... different rear sprocket, a longer stroke engine, and now also fitted with an oil filter :thumb2

Dunno what that's all about, but watch this space :D

By all accounts .... different rear sprocket, a longer stroke engine, and now also fitted with an oil filter :thumb2

Exciting!!
Similar changes with the Monkey bike but hope they don't fit Tartan seats to the CT!
Do you know what colour you're getting or is it pot luck?

A few little jobs to the CT90 engine.......
i-mHwSDhs-X3.jpg

Sounds almost as though you have a preterm ‘23 model. A longer stroke but smaller bore to meet emissions controls for the Grom - the Ct125 just being made compatible with it, which would account for an oil filter rather than just the spinner.

Are you planning on changing the tyres at some stage?

At the moment I have a 16bhp engine in, the chain is not HD and non O ring deliberately to reduce drag as much as possible.
With this 140cc engine it will pull away in 2nd and top out at near 70mph BUT I actually can't wait to finish the original engine and get it fitted.

May I ask why you are so keen to put the original 90ccc engine back in?

Sounds almost as though you have a preterm ‘23 model. A longer stroke but smaller bore to meet emissions controls for the Grom - the Ct125 just being made compatible with it, which would account for an oil filter rather than just the spinner.

Are you planning on changing the tyres at some stage?

Yeah .... the longer stroke (smaller bore) of the 2023 models does give more torque .... that will do nicely :thumb2

I'm assured that mine is a 2022 model though!

Will undoubtedly change the tyres in due course ... for more road biased rubber, I'm not ashamed to say :rob

But will see how we get on with them. Those chunky Pirelli (and I've always hated Pirelli) tyres on the Himalayan felt really good. I was happy with them. Work in progress methinks :thumb

Edit for Tim .... it's a red one Tim, colour of choice. But here in Balby, DN4 postcode, it'll be a target for thieves :eek:

May I ask why you are so keen to put the original 90ccc engine back in?

Yes it's a good question but I have 4 fast KTMs and this early purpose built duel sport bike will have even more spirit with it's rightful engine.
Also Honda's innovative engineering at its best, who else would change from having 2 fixed rear sprockets to a sub transmission with hi and low ratios.

It's been rebored so with new piston, valves, bearings, clutch and replace any of the weak points in the auto clutch mechanism it should be reliable.

And another reason, the 140 engine is notorious for kicking back and I've hurt my foot twice from not wearing boots. I've retarded the ignition as much as feasible and I still don't trust it.
If I had a dog that might one day turn and bite me, I'd shoot the fucker :D

Feck I've become such a geeky anorak to know that :D

not really geek - the modern ones are all painted all the old ones always had chrome

mick - ct getting the 5 speed and oil filter - whats that about - the whole point of them not bringing them here was that wasnt happening to them only the monkey and the grom..............

(the reason i bought an old one (and the price)

mick - ct getting the 5 speed and oil filter - whats that about - the whole point of them not bringing them here was that wasnt happening to them only the monkey and the grom..............

(the reason i bought an old one (and the price)

Dunno if mine's got five speed or not ... it's on the boat and sailing. I'm happy whatever :thumb

Price? Gucci family motto .... Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten :D

You sometimes talk in riddles my friend ...

"the whole point of them not bringing them here was that wasnt happening to them only the monkey and the grom"

What's that all about :blast

Dunno if mine's got five speed or not ... it's on the boat and sailing. I'm happy whatever :thumb

Price? Gucci family motto .... Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten :D

You sometimes talk in riddles my friend ...

"the whole point of them not bringing them here was that wasnt happening to them only the monkey and the grom"

Dax is now on sale too

they updated the grom and the monkey with the 5 speed and the upgraded filter

they didnt bring the ct to europe cos the 4 speed doesnt pass emissions

the 5 speed will - but honda said they have no plans to bring that in

nowhere ive seen says the ct gets the 5 speed motah

they updated the grom and the monkey with the 5 speed and the upgraded filter

they didnt bring the ct to europe cos the 4 speed doesnt pass emissions

the 5 speed will - but honda said they have no plans to bring that in

nowhere ive seen says the ct gets the 5 speed motah

:thumb2

No mention of the five speed box from the importers Seven Seas Motors either!

Back
Top Bottom