CTA3 Tyres

Doc

Let's Av It
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just had them fitted.Obviously to early to say what they are like but what i have noticed straight away is a lot less road noise from the front.Why is that ?

Just had them fitted.Obviously to early to say what they are like but what i have noticed straight away is a lot less road noise from the front.Why is that ?

Because they are quieter :)

I hope that helps :thumb2

Fitted the CTA3 to a GSA a couple of weeks ago. Quieter than A3 and seems to hold a corner line more solidly. I think tarmac and packed gravel tracks only. I’d probably have a bit more confidence in the A3 if getting into unknown light off-road tracks.

It depends what your point of reference is. Quieter than an A3 ( almost anything is ) but noisier than say a Metz especially on certain road surfaces. A good tyre but not the best of those I’ve tried thus far.

I’ve got the CTA3 on my 701LR.
They seem very quiet,certainly compared to Pirelli Rally STRs though I would have gone for the STRs had they done them in the size I needed.
In saying that, the Contis do seem grippy.

I've had 2 sets of CTA 3's now and IMHO, perform flawlessly in the dry & wet....when Conti bring out the 4, I'll try them as well as to improve on the 3 should result in superb tyres :D

Out f interest what tyre pressures are you running with them. With these and a few others, anything other than 36/42 seemed a negative step. Maybe it’s a GS thing.

Interested in the pressures you're using. I also have CTA3s. Running on 38/40.

Might try what you guys are on and see what difference it makes... But I like the tyre

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I have them, and love them. They create so much confidence and nimble-ness on the GS. Really imporsses. Likewise I am using standard tyre pressures (2.5 bar front, 2.9 bar back)

Well i run 36-5 front 42 rear on my old tyres.Not sure were i read 36-5 from but had no issues

If anyone wants a good buy on tyres M&P have a good deal on these for 1200\1250gs at the moment :---- Bridgestone Battlax Adventure A40 120/70 R19 60V | 170/60 R17 72V £99.98
I know they are the older design but personally I prefer them to the A41's that my 1250gs came fitted with.
At £99.98 for the pair they are good value. I presume they are just clearing old stock??

It depends what your point of reference is. Quieter than an A3 ( almost anything is ) but noisier than say a Metz especially on certain road surfaces. A good tyre but not the best of those I’ve tried thus far.

Cant say I have noticed any noise fron the CTA3 , but saying that they are that good im having to much fun to worry , at least they don't squirm when you get the brake lever to the bars … 5 gs riders in my group , all but one now uses the CTA3 as we ride as a group here and abroad .

Cant say I have noticed any noise fron the CTA3 , but saying that they are that good im having to much fun to worry , at least they don't squirm when you get the brake lever to the bars Â… 5 gs riders in my group , all but one now uses the CTA3 as we ride as a group here and abroad .

It depends on the road surface but on some they were considerably noisier in my experience. They were noticeably more stable at motorways speeds than a Metz which does have its foibles but braking squirm was never one of them for me, had not heard that generally commented when I looked before buying. I take you at face value that they do if pushed enough but I would guess that most riders don’t tour at a speed high enough for it to be a problem. Whilst I’m far from the fastest thing on the road, I’m fast enough that I’m stressing the tyres as much as most would I suspect.

My next tyre will be something different as I’m still searching for that nirvana tyre, it’s just that for me whilst I didn’t dislike it the TA3 wasn’t it.

It depends on the road surface but on some they were considerably noisier in my experience. They were noticeably more stable at motorways speeds than a Metz which does have its foibles but braking squirm was never one of them for me, had not heard that generally commented when I looked before buying. I take you at face value that they do if pushed enough but I would guess that most riders don’t tour at a speed high enough for it to be a problem. Whilst I’m far from the fastest thing on the road, I’m fast enough that I’m stressing the tyres as much as most would I suspect.

My next tyre will be something different as I’m still searching for that nirvana tyre, it’s just that for me whilst I didn’t dislike it the TA3 wasn’t it.

That’s fair , and looking for the nirvana tyre set is fun , the new M9rr trail may be the next one to try , but by description as they are not available yet and are based on pure road . So they trade off may be that the usual back lane rides may be compromised a bit , but let’s see . Worth a go when they come out as it looks interesting and could be the one .

Well, ive just bucked the trend and gone old school,

The Tourance next's on the bike are shagged.

I think the previous owner was a one at a time merchant

the rear is square, and the front is nearly on the wear bars (the rear is miles off) which suggests 2x rears to 1x front

I dont like them at all

I liked the Trailriders on the old GS, The original Tourances, i tried as Trailrider replacements , took way to long to scrub in, but were also good.

So ive ordered a set of Trailriders, there going on next week

Back
Top Bottom