If only I were closer

I had to get up 6 hours before I went to bed last night to make this train.

Quiet in dat London, weird....

c2d518e12afabf12d28e2d29b096e6b5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aye, I agree with OP about travelling to buy the bike/car of your dreams, we have travelled the length & breadth of the UK numerous times to buy bikes/cars.
Drove from Angus in bonnie Scotland to Gutersloh in Germany to trade a 650 V-Strom for a spangly BCR.
Have made all our trips into adventures :p

p.s enjoy your new bike & the ride home.

i went from Dundee to Crawley to pick up a factory mille, never again would I travel that kinda distance to get a bike again, every other bike I've bought not from a local dealer has been shipped up by courier, the time/travel and expense isn't worth it when you can just pay someone £150-£180 for them to bring it to your door.

i went from Dundee to Crawley to pick up a factory mille, never again would I travel that kinda distance to get a bike again, every other bike I've bought not from a local dealer has been shipped up by courier, the time/travel and expense isn't worth it when you can just pay someone £150-£180 for them to bring it to your door.

And with that approach, id have never been to Dent or Strontian, never spent the next year planning a return for a longer duration.

I bet summer holidays at the end of your road are a hoot ;)

Aye, I agree with OP about travelling to buy the bike/car of your dreams, we have travelled the length & breadth of the UK numerous times to buy bikes/cars.
Drove from Angus in bonnie Scotland to Gutersloh in Germany to trade a 650 V-Strom for a spangly BCR.
Have made all our trips into adventures :p

p.s enjoy your new bike & the ride home.

Thanks BR

Looks like weather OK so fingers crossed

Drove the missus up to the borders to look at a sportster she liked - she liked it so did the deal....then as it started to piss down, decided that I could ride it back for her....300+ miles! :D

Good luck with the new bike, buddy...hope you have a great ride back. :beerjug:

And with that approach, id have never been to Dent or Strontian, never spent the next year planning a return for a longer duration.

I bet summer holidays at the end of your road are a hoot ;)

Huh ? What you talking about.

I've happily ridden down to the Alps on a number of occasions, I'm no gonna go there to pick a bike up though :blast

And with that approach, id have never been to Dent or Strontian,

In Crabby's defence, there's a qualitative difference between going to Dent or Strontian and Crawley.

I flew down to Brum in February to buy a Skoda Yeti from a very nice man on here.

In Crabby's defence, there's a qualitative difference between going to Dent or Strontian and Crawley.

I flew down to Brum in February to buy a Skoda Yeti from a very nice man on here.

So if Crabby lived in Crawley and had to collect a bike from Strontian that would have been shite as well?

It's so funny, they wont go further than the local dealer to collect a bike but will happily go round Europe on the bike once they get it??

i dont think ive bought a bike closer than 100 miles to where i am, each time it was great, plan how to get there , make the trip, collect the bike and ride it back

who cares whether its a dealers in Peterborough, or Plymouth its all part of the adventure

What he said

Sitrep, about to get off train.

Roads damp here but I know they’re getting dryer as I’ve been looking all day :)

I’ve got a stirring in my pants as it’s new bike day

So if Crabby lived in Crawley and had to collect a bike from Strontian that would have been shite as well?

It's so funny, they wont go further than the local dealer to collect a bike but will happily go round Europe on the bike once they get it??

i dont think ive bought a bike closer than 100 miles to where i am, each time it was great, plan how to get there , make the trip, collect the bike and ride it back

who cares whether its a dealers in Peterborough, or Plymouth its all part of the adventure

That trip to Crawley was a 1000 mile round trip. It cost the hire of a van for two days, circa £100, the cost of fuel, circa £100, the cost of at least three days off my work, circa £500, so again, from a time/and expense perspective it's a no brainer to have someone else do it for circa £150 while I sit on my fat ass awaiting my new awesome steed arriving in the comfort on my home, been there done it once too often and that Crawley trip was the last for me.

I drove to York with a trailer, to buy a ‘perfect’ RC30.

Whatever the bike was he described and sent a picture of, it most certainly wasn’t the one he wheeled out of his garage.

Cnut.

The same way you rushed to your mates defence when someone suggested something he didn't agree with

You infer far too much.

I would never pay anyone to go and do something i could do myself,

If you or cabby dont agree thats fine by me :)

Whatever works for you. Of course, that also applies to Crabby. ;)

Back
Top Bottom