If only I were closer

Seems a strange logic when it costs you 5 times what it would for someone else to do it and zero time lost doing so.

But thats what makes it fun, and part of the adventure.

Plus if it's a bag of shite when you get there, you can call the seller a cnut and have a nice train ride back to chill, or enjoy the ride back .

Time is immaterial if it's your time and thats how you want to spend it ..

(and didnt you read the post quick before i'd edited it lol) ;) :)

Anyway......

cfd6fa30d83975e14ae9d633c0683162.jpg

She’s worth the trip for sure ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always do nationwide searches to find the right vehicle - recently drove 4 hrs to test drive a car which was the right spec. If you end up with a goodie, it's worth every minute :thumb

Anyway......

cfd6fa30d83975e14ae9d633c0683162.jpg

She’s worth the trip for sure ..

my water cooler gs i jumped on a plane in newcastle 35 quid to bristol,easyjet ,rode it home ,all done in half a day,my r nine t scrambler i drove to harrogate with the trailer,home in a couple of hours ,for the right bike why would you not ,anyway its normally a good day out .
the urban gs looks brilliant ,just get some proper tyres on it

Surely someone has flown to New Zealand to buy a bike then ridden it back? Please post and it should put a stop to the, “I once rowed a boat to Tromso to pick up an FS1E” type comment. Cheers.

Surely someone has flown to New Zealand to buy a bike then ridden it back? Please post and it should put a stop to the, “I once rowed a boat to Tromso to pick up an FS1E” type comment. Cheers.

Well I flew to Namibia last September to pick up a bike and ride it back....only it was my own bike that I had parked there. suspect that’s not what you were looking for, Malc?

I wish mate. That’s on pick up :)

So far so good. Cambridge now and 90 pc dry roads

In the past (mainly pre and early internet days) I have travelled on a number of occasions to inspect with a view to buying immaculate cars or bikes for myself or for friends and at least 3/4 of them were utter mingers and not as described from an obviously rolled and badly bodged Golf Mk1 GTI (badly welded replacement A,B and C pillars and roof full of filler) to a couple of bikes that had drilled out frame numbers (they were reported to local police station).

Not so bad nowadays but cann't be arsed to travel more than say 100 mies from home and sure as f*ck cannot be bothered to venture into the southern part of the country .

It’s a cop out. On our little island nowhere is too far. In 2012 I bought a new M3. Got a cracking deal from Douggie Park in Glasgow. Flew up, night at Cameron House, then drove home the next day through the Lake District back to Surrey. Happy days. :beerjug:

I’d do it again in a heartbeat.

It’s a cop out. On our little island nowhere is too far. In 2012 I bought a new M3. Got a cracking deal from Douggie Park in Glasgow. Flew up, night at Cameron House, then drove home the next day through the Lake District back to Surrey. Happy days. :beerjug:

I’d do it again in a heartbeat.

You flew up, hardly a thousand mile round trip in a van is it.

You flew up, hardly a thousand mile round trip in a van is it.

Doesn’t matter. Should I have cycled up? It’s a pathetic cop out when folk whinge about having to drive for a few hours for something they want.

Back
Top Bottom