If only I were closer

Well I flew to Namibia last September to pick up a bike and ride it back....only it was my own bike that I had parked there. suspect that’s not what you were looking for, Malc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is perfect, Simon. Thank you. Hopefully, no-one will be able to beat that one Great work!

I drove to York with a trailer, to buy a ‘perfect’ RC30.

Whatever the bike was he described and sent a picture of, it most certainly wasn’t the one he wheeled out of his garage.

Cnut.

That’s Yorkshire for you

Drive a few few hours ? a thousand mile round trip is NOT a "few hours drive"

Maybe not, but there’s no excuse in the UK. Nowhere is too far here, for the right bike/ car. Stop being lazy.

Maybe not, but there’s no excuse in the UK. Nowhere is too far here, for the right bike/ car. Stop being lazy.

It's not about being lazy it's about being practical. As I've already outlined, circa £750 costs to pick a bike up that distance plus time away or pay someone £150-£180 to do so.

I've done numerous long distance trips to buy bikes, that 1000 miler was my last.

Now now troops.

Each to their own.

I guess we could all maybe agree that if it from a trusted source, and it’s the bike you really want, nowhere is too far in uk.

Anyway got in at 2115

What a great day.

2d977667f35fd5dca82134107d43f99f.jpg

19abe1b72dcd6ee581516c06381fd6a7.jpg

c67150a4de7568a9126f11d72790d82b.jpg

And thank you to the seller too.

UKGSing at its finest.

Drove the missus up to the borders to look at a sportster she liked - she liked it so did the deal....then as it started to piss down, decided that I could ride it back for her....300+ miles! :D

Good luck with the new bike, buddy...hope you have a great ride back. :beerjug:

Thanks mate. Back safe. Sorry I missed your post earlier :)

Where others say I love you with flowers, you do it by stealing her bike and pretending to be pissed off about it.

Win Win

It's not about being lazy it's about being practical. As I've already outlined, circa £750 costs to pick a bike up that distance plus time away or pay someone £150-£180 to do so.

I've done numerous long distance trips to buy bikes, that 1000 miler was my last.

You think far too much.

All the way to Grimsby for a Merc..

Travelled all the way from Camberley in Surrey to Grimsby to pick up a new Mercedes E300DE hybrid thing. My trade in 520D decided it would sulk right on the forecourt of the Merc dealers and treated me to a display of Connect 4 warning lights. Dealer took it all in his stride and I left with a shiny new Mercedes E300DE , which did 28 miles before it shit itself and came up with a warning for a red OIL QUANTITY/QUALITY warning. Dealer took it back and lent me a very nice but quite thirsty V6 , which they picked up from my house about a week later, also returning my car in the process. I wonder where FR19DWP is now, errr not.

My point is that even with a quality dealer things can and do go wrong.. I know they are a quality dealer cos they told me so, and it says so on a sticker in their window :comfort:augie:augie

Well I flew to Namibia last September to pick up a bike and ride it back....only it was my own bike that I had parked there. suspect that’s not what you were looking for, Malc?

I agreed to buy a bike off ADVrider from a guy who lived in Woodland, Oregon sight unseen. So I flew to Seattle, picked up a hire car and drove down into Oregon to buy it . Ran around on the states for 3 months and then the plan was to leave it there , go back the following year to do Canada’s / Alaska and then bring it home.....unfortunately I lost my storage option and had to sell it after the 3 months.

And how on earth did you spend £750 to do 1000 miles?

Travelled all the way from Camberley in Surrey to Grimsby to pick up a new Mercedes E300DE hybrid thing. My trade in 520D decided it would sulk right on the forecourt of the Merc dealers and treated me to a display of Connect 4 warning lights. Dealer took it all in his stride and I left with a shiny new Mercedes E300DE , which did 28 miles before it shit itself and came up with a warning for a red OIL QUANTITY/QUALITY warning. Dealer took it back and lent me a very nice but quite thirsty V6 , which they picked up from my house about a week later, also returning my car in the process. I wonder where FR19DWP is now, errr not.

My point is that even with a quality dealer things can and do go wrong.. I know they are a quality dealer cos they told me so, and it says so on a sticker in their window :comfort:augie:augie

I’ve never known anyone have as much bad luck with cars or bikes, as you!

And how on earth did you spend £750 to do 1000 miles?

It cost the hire of a van for two days, circa £100, the cost of fuel, circa £100, the cost of at least three days off my work, circa £500

I'm with Cabby on his costings....but would have looked at all this before buying and binned it off or got a plane ticket...

I'm with Cabby on his costings....but would have looked at all this before buying and binned it off or got a plane ticket...

Bizarrely I had the bike two weeks, binned it and got £2000 of a payout more than I paid for it, so was all good in the end.

I dont know where he gets his costings from, but clearly he's a 4 star man.

Nope, still doesn’t make sense. There are much cheaper ways of doing it. ;)

You can get pretty much anywhere in the UK on a cheap flight in under a couple of hours, then just ride back. All done in a day.

Back
Top Bottom