If only I were closer

Deleted account 210901001

Reaction score
These 5 words really get on my tits when I read them.

Anywhere in the UK is doable to collect a bike.

To put my money where my mouth is.......on way from Peak District to Broadstairs to collect my Turban.

Pre booked train, 38 quid.

Mind you it’s packed .....

faecb566d47094db8fc41956468a4941.jpg

Fingers crossed it stays dry.

Yesterday from Cardiff to home on GSA.

Gotta love riding bikes eh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went to Glasgow from Surrey to get my current Harley.

Airmiles for flight and hotel. Met a good friend in Glasgae and went out on the lash, then picked the bike up from West Coast in the morning and rode it home. I had the 500 mile break in period done by the time I pulled up in my drive.

I flew from Southampton to Newcastle to buy a triumph tiger, went bang at 11 o’clock on a freezing night just outside Sheffield, got home at 6am.

Brighton to Plymouth to collect my GS

Down on the train, collect the bike and ride back :)

pretty painless really

I flew up to Aberdeen to collect a Jeep.
Wish I hadn’t as it was a pile of shite and the gearbox was fucked.Nice of the owner to mention it !!!

I flew up to Aberdeen to collect a Jeep.
Wish I hadn’t as it was a pile of shite and the gearbox was fucked.Nice of the owner to mention it !!!

Was it you who went to get another bike from oop North and had clothing failure on the way back?

Hah yes I guess it has its pitfalls.

I guess what I mean is if it’s from a trusty source then I look at it as a nice day out.

I’ll always travel to get the right bike.

Years ago living in Borneo I flew to Singapore and rode one back, well not the wet bit.

I blagged a ride on a shitty old boat for about 20 quid

Plus on this trip I may blag a brew from a gooner.

As a lifelong spurs fan I’m torn .....

I shat my pants once recovering whilst recovering a crashed K1 from Germany for a mate.

Do I win a prize ?

Flown from Belfast to various GB places to pick up bikes and cars. Always look on it as a wee adventure. :moped:

Petrol station plastic gloves did the trick.

Line trousers with petrol station tissue, refuel and crack on

Picked my Z750 up from Barnet this way, train was £13 from Birmingham on a Saturday morn, back by early aft :thumb

Searched for a Tundra green R1100RT in 2010 because I like the color, had one before, found a nice one, trouble was it was in Lisburn near Belfast:blast, I'm in Cambridgeshire, never mind after chatting to owner, examining hi res images, jumped on a flight Stansted to Belfast Easyjet, (Ryan didn't like me having a crash helmet as hand baggage:rolleyes:

Owner collected me in his Merc from airport, drove to Lisburn where wife had made a huge Irish Breakfast, bike was as good as it looked in photos, offered the cash and owner said he would knock £50 off as I had come so far :thumb (Owner was ex Mayor of Lisburn)

Rode back to Dublin, crossed to Holyhead and stopped overnight in Beddgelert, home the next day, that was 10 years ago, bike still sits in the garage and has done some 20K touring around the EU and UK although it's semi retired as I have a 1250RT now as well

Well if your close you can always grab a brew at mine,as long as you haven't shit your trews:eek:

Thanks mate.

I’m aiming for a “clean” round this time :)

Oh and an Ulster fry. That’s worth the trip alone :)

Im liking this thread, good to know people will travel if necessary

Right.

I once got up at 10 o’clock at night half an hour before I went to bed.
Travelled 48 hours in a day by public transport.
Paid bike owner three times the asking price in cash.
Then gave him the keys and log boook back and walked home barefoot.

You try and tell young motorcyclists of today that, and they won’t believe you!!

Back
Top Bottom