Lost / Missing Detailed in BaseCamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Bean

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
What have I done wrong?

I have the latest maps installed (2020.30 north and south Europe, DEM and basic 3D) and cannot see these maps in Basecamp when I click on the maps, yet the left pane shows them.

Problem is that I have no detail to make a route - basic global detail only, no matter how much I zoom in.

Any ideas please?

Attachments

• Maps.PNG
    Maps.PNG
    37.2 KB · Views: 197
  • Global.PNG
    Global.PNG
    87.3 KB · Views: 260
Have you clicked on the drop down box, to make sure the installed / dragged across maps have been picked up by the software? My Mac forgets from time to time and only shows the base map. I then have to select the detailed map manually.

PS You’ll maybe find it easier to install the maps onto your PC, rather than relying on the software to drag the maps across from your device each time.

Have you clicked on the drop down box, to make sure the installed / dragged across maps have been picked up by the software? My Mac forgets from time to time and only shows the base map. I then have to select the detailed map manually.

PS You’ll maybe find it easier to install the maps onto your PC, rather than relying on the software to drag the maps across from your device each time.

Thank you.

Yes, I clicked on the drop down box and it only shows North America and the global map. The map showing in the left pane isn't there.

I loaded the maps to both the device and laptop. I subsequently got a message saying (not verbatim) asking if I wanted to use the laptop to plot routes as it would be quicker. I clicked yes.

Lost Detail

So now it's working?

Or can you still not see the detailed European maps on your PC?

If you can't, I use a Mac but I guess it's similar: Load Garmin MapManager. Then start the map manager app, you should see all your maps on your PC listed. Something like this:

2b40a04a0056a763e6ce1e5de1bbaa19.jpg

The top map listed is the Garmin European map. Ignore the rest, they are just Open Street Map sets I have loaded onto my Mac.

Still Problems

Thanks again.

No, I'm still none the wiser.

Mapinstall is (I think) the same as Map Manager?

See images - sorry for quality...

BTW, the Nav is fine if I ask it to calculate a route from A to B.

Attachments

• Installed maps.jpg
    Installed maps.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 171
  • New maps.jpg
    New maps.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 227
  • Mapmanager.PNG
    Mapmanager.PNG
    41.2 KB · Views: 146
OK.

From your screen shot, you do not have the detailed European maps installed on your PC, but you have them on your gPS device. Install them onto your PC and all should be well.

Odd

Thanks, but my computer says they're on my laptop.

Do appreciate your help.

Attachments

• On PC.PNG
    On PC.PNG
    5.8 KB · Views: 214
Thanks Mick.

Is this what you mean?

Attachments

• Is this it.jpg
    Is this it.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 152
According to this screen shop, assuming it shows the maps installed on your PC, you have: North America (detailed) and the Global map (base, basic, no detail)

attachment.php

That conclusion matches this screenshot, assuming you have't reduced the detail to zero.

attachment.php
t

I don't have a PC, so I can't help you much, I'm afraid but I'm guessing the European map (if it's installed) is not unlocked, which might match this screen shot:

attachment.php

What I can't understand is why your PC is not using the map from your connected device, which does have the detailed European map.

Just out of interest, can you see the detailed USA maps on your PC?

Just out of interest, can you see the detailed USA maps on your PC?

Thanks again.

Yes I could.

I've now uninstalled both the US and Europe maps and Basecamp, plus re-started laptop and Nav. Re-loaded Basecamp and Europe maps and all seems fine. Don't need the US mapping.

No idea what caused it, but thanks again to both you and Mick

Good stuff.

An odd glitch to have encountered but it’s all resolved.

Case closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom