17-18-19 ATAS model differences?

Jeremy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Are there any significant differences in the spec of the various model years aside from the stainless steel spokes on later models? I'm focused on a DCT model.

Did they make an ATAS in 2017 ? I didn't think so.
Any differences will be small...like perhaps the throttle blip on down shifts?

Did they make an ATAS in 2017 ? I didn't think so.
Any differences will be small...like perhaps the throttle blip on down shifts?

The ATAS came out in 2018.
I had an AT DCT in 2016 and then bought my ATAS in 2018.The DCT is a newer version on the ATAS and is better than on the earlier AT, as mentioned, the throttle blip on downchange being the main difference.
Also has much more tweakability in the levels of engine braking etc than previously.

AT and ATAS in 2018 had drive by wire throttle. That means you can fit aftermarket cruise control if you want. 2019 is the same bike, but without the nice tri colour paint. 2020 ATAS is not as tall, if I remember right, same suspension set up as the 20 AT. I want tall, so I wouldn't trade for a lower version anyway. I've added engine bars (paranoid), fork tunnel air dam (100% necessary), lower pegs (only needed for excessively lanky types) and a Madstad screen (necessary because I'm tall). Apart from that, cruise is the only addition I'd like. The 18/19 ATAS is a great bike out of the box.

The 2018 onwards bikes with drive by wire throttle have 4 riding modes on both manual and DCT, which are separate from the gearbox modes on the automatic changer. Tour, Urban & Gravel modes in which the Power delivery, traction control and engine braking are pre-programmed by Honda on a 1-7 scale according to the mode selected. There is also a User mode in which all three of these can be set to rider preference and stored in that mode for future selection, which is where mine sits most of the time. Have to say that the Gravel setting was useful for instant use when I came onto a recently gritted road yesterday.

You can download a copy of the handbook to see how to do the above if interested.

Cheers. I've seen a '19 ATAS 1100 with 550miles in manual for £12.5k so values already appear soft. Waiting to hear back from the Honda dealer on Grimsby who is offering 0% PCP.

If it is Rob Speed in Grimsby, I can say that in my experience they are good guys to deal with & Steve the Honda sales manager is a straight talking, honest kind of chap who genuinely wants to help without sales pressure.

Back
Top Bottom