Easy off road Pyrenees GPX

So, I've done the northen part of the Catalunya TET route. A tiny bit, to be fair.
That, chopped, part of the track is downloadable here for reference.

tet_north.png

This is how it goes up:

tet_les_3d.png

I'm not any good when it comes to leaving asphalt, borderline clueless, but the route is very doable on large bikes.
It was raining and I had luggage and there were no particular issue apart from a few large slippery rocks (the first part climbs a bit over stones/rocks) here and there. Will be perfectly fine on a dry day.
Highly recommended route.

This is what you'll be seeing:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-ICM3em02yE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YknSaPQFXJU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rWqRuLFOSVQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

apologies for the low quality videos, these were the files I originally uploaded to Instagram, and they get destroyed (compression-wise) when uploaded to YT.

This was my full route, Easter 2019 (yellow track):
full_pir.png

If it can be of any help, the full track from Bilbao to Calais is downloadable here.

Those road books look great, thanks for posting, but the site and books look to be in French and I can’t see an English version - am I missing something?
Cheers

Hi, yes all in French, but shouldn't be an issue.

The book contains many sections, not just the route, so you can see Hotels along the route with costs and phone numbers and locations for buying petrol with distance between and a little info on the area (in French though)

The roadbook uses symbols, so French not an issue and there is a very easy to understand legend.

Just to give you and idea, I think I paid approx 90 Euro for RB3 including a Michelin map. The book on the route is over 100 pages.

I did have to email to get the GPS file, but Google was my friend in translation to French.

I have ridden many of the trails around La Pobla de Segur, generally riding in and out of Camping Collegats and thought about giving RB3 a go for a slightly longer trail where someone else had done all of the planning!

The plan was to do the trip earlier this year but unfortunately the Kung-Flu has put paid to that.

It is a lovely area to ride, I thoroughly recommend going however you plan your route.

Thanks

Hi, yes all in French, but shouldn't be an issue.

The book contains many sections, not just the route, so you can see Hotels along the route with costs and phone numbers and locations for buying petrol with distance between and a little info on the area (in French though)

The roadbook uses symbols, so French not an issue and there is a very easy to understand legend.

Just to give you and idea, I think I paid approx 90 Euro for RB3 including a Michelin map. The book on the route is over 100 pages.

I did have to email to get the GPS file, but Google was my friend in translation to French.

I have ridden many of the trails around La Pobla de Segur, generally riding in and out of Camping Collegats and thought about giving RB3 a go for a slightly longer trail where someone else had done all of the planning!

The plan was to do the trip earlier this year but unfortunately the Kung-Flu has put paid to that.

It is a lovely area to ride, I thoroughly recommend going however you plan your route.

Thanks
Thanks for that - I’ve actually found the website in English now so wonder if I will get an English version if I buy from it.
We’re looking at doing the route down through Spain - road book 28 - the first week of September
:thumby::beerjug:

Have we met there?

Hi Simon, yes some years ago.

We started off on road, staying at the Parador in La Seu, using 1200GS's but then moved across to smaller KTMs, and off road, basing ourselves in Collegats.

We had a blue transit with a couple of KTM 530s and then a 690, with a gazebo and kitchen set up.

It has been a fair few years now but desperately trying to get back out there.

The trails are brilliant and I would love to get back on the L-511 to Col de Nargo.

The annual Happy New Year email/picture from Jordi keeps the dream alive!

Attachments

• IMG_0452.jpg
    IMG_0452.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 142

Back
Top Bottom