Road Kings Bars

Never had anything to do with “extended” brake pedals. I’m quite used to picking my foot up to brake. However, why not get your local custom shop/fabricator to modify the pedal to suit you? It’s only a bit of steel.

In light of your fabricated rack though, I suggest you don’t do it yourself.....

Never had anything to do with “extended” brake pedals. I’m quite used to picking my foot up to brake. However, why not get your local custom shop/fabricator to modify the pedal to suit you? It’s only a bit of steel.

In light of your fabricated rack though, I suggest you don’t do it yourself.....

Good idea and sorry for hi jacking the thread

You can buy an extended brake pedal - can’t remember how much it was when I locked but does not brake the bank ( see what I did there)

In the end I had one fabricated - he took the stock one modded it and powder coated it black.

Just to update the thread , I’ve got the bars

1b38ab800c2ce54d1abb751efa74e4b1.jpg

Only problem is I’m at home and RKS is in g/f’s garage in Oxfordshire.Hopefully get fitted before end of year .
I went for Burleigh 2” Highball 14s, so same as this

1b3f1b5de5451cae36d2d936c17c34bd.jpg

Ta for all the advice .

Mini apes back on over a month ago. Really comfy and can't see me changing to anything else for the foreseeable.

Only problem is I’m at home and RKS is in g/f’s garage in Oxfordshire.Hopefully get fitted before end of year .

Ta for all the advice .

Look good, they really suit the RKS. :thumb2

Ta for all the advice .

They look nice, but probably too tall for me.
I find it a bit of a stretch to the bars on mine - I've fitted a rider backrest but can't actually put my back on it and reach the bars :blast

Think I'll have a go at tilting the bars back a bit. Looks like you just lift the 'road king' cap and use an allen key to loosen 4 bolts then tilt them back?

The bars I believe are ‘pinned’ so you might not get too much movement.

The bars I believe are ‘pinned’ so you might not get too much movement.

If they’re fitted properly.....

Guys at Oxford Harley moved mine back a tad. They were aligned with the front forks, but now they're about an inch further back. Not much, but had made a big difference in comfort for me at normal speeds as my arms are more relaxed.

Trade off seems to be at higher speeds where I either have to lean forwards a bit to take the pressure off my core, or lean back and let my arms straighten out. Suspect if I had to do any long distance at motorway speeds I'd find it uncomfortable, but that's not something I'd want to do on this bike as it's just brilliant for chugging along on A and B roads.

Arsey - those bars you've bought really suit the bike! Hope you get on with them.

Toddy, where are the photos ? Given the noise you managed to get out of your 690 what pipes did you go for ?

Toddy, where are the photos ? Given the noise you managed to get out of your 690 what pipes did you go for ?

Just put a couple up on the other thread Jon. I've got Screaming Eagle pipes on, which came with the bike. They're not too loud but give out a nice rumble!

Here you go....seeing as you were good enough to embed my video!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    162.4 KB · Views: 146

Back
Top Bottom