Ticks...

I was bitten by a tick but didn't notice it. Had a number of mosquito bites as well. Didn't feel too well and got to the stage where I visited my local GP and had a blood test. I was now off work. Couple of days later my doctor rang me. I knew something was amiss because that has never happened before.
He said I've been talking to a consultant at the tropical diseases centre at the RVI he would like to see you. When I said ? thinking a few weeks ahead. Now, go straight there.
I was on medication for 3 years, my liver is permanently damaged and have number of other limiting problems. The main one being I only drink alcohol about 3 times a year and have to exercise caution. My liver doesn't handle it so well.
Lots of people have had tick bites and its been a minor irritation. I was unlucky that my tick had previously dinned on something that caused my issues.

They are bad this year, I've had about 20 so far. No shorts if you're not on a good path and avoiding long grass, heather etc

The wee tools for removing them work well, best to get a set of different sizes

Take care out there people - yes lots of the buggers about - regular removal from dogs and had a knock on the door from a neigbour last week asking to help remove one from ankle of his daughter.

No matter how warm - I always go walking with long trousers, boots with reasonable length socks plus long sleeve top.

Totally recommend the O'Tom Tick Twister - have tried most solutioons with dogs but these tools I have found are the best.

Agree re chemicals on dogs - we used to chemical solutions but after one dog having fits and rashes on the other dog took the natural route. For us has worked just as well without loading the dogs with chemical.

I do a lot of cycling round Thetford forest on my Ebike and NEVER wear shorts. Apparently ticks are very common there. I’m now gonna get a couple of packs of the triple jobbies. I’ll keep one set in my motorhome and another set in my little under seat bag on my bike just in case I or somebody else I’m with gets one. Bastards.

Back
Top Bottom