My Covid-19 lockdown trip to Italy

bassa :D

what do you do?

head for val gardena instead of stelvio - i turned the wrong way in bolzano and ended up at val - did stelvio eventually but preferred val (keep off the autostrada)

enjoy

Ye, take one fay "off".
I've crossed the alps in shit weather several times and it's never fun. If you are flexible with time, I'd wait.

Nice tent.

I'm a Super Yacht Captain. We're building a new Yacht in Italy so that's why I'm going back. I have an apartment whilst the boat is in build so I'm glad I've found a reason to ride the bike over.

Should be delivering 2022. A lot quicker than the last one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am so envious, should be following in your tyre tracks this Thursday (Alps / Dolomites) Take your time and enjoy the trip. Safe riding. More pics please.

Thanks Postman, will do. Another rest day tomorrow then hopefully Stelvio on Wednesday.

Yeah, most crew are employed by the Owner or the management company. This is a 72m yacht. So you’d need a couple of millions in the bank for one of these bad boys!

I think you were the first person who mentioned it to me Rick. It’s only taken me about 18 years to listen to some advice!

A great job to have there and a perfect way to commute to it. Good on you :thumb

It's kind of nice to see someone out on a trip.

Good on you enjoy the trip - I see your camping but were there many / any hotels, bars etc. open in Germany / Austria??

Hi, yeah I've camped a bit but also stayed in some B&B's & hotels... usually when it's pissed it down which it has a fair bit! Once out of the UK everywhere is pretty much back to normal I've hardly noticed a difference except for a bit of social distancing and people wearing facemarks. If you're wondering about accommodation just look on booking.com. They have a check box where you can say to "only show me accommodation available"... of which there is plenty. I brought the tent as I wasn't sure about accommodation, but it turns out I would have been fine without it.

I'm very jealous. Take care, have fun & keep safe.

Humm interesting, wonder if anyone here has come back to the UK on a ferry & what greeting customs gave? Or do we know what they are planning to dish out, two weeks "extra hols"??

apparently media have been saying that holiday companies and airlines and even mp's have put in legal challenge to it

possibility it might be gone by end of june.............

Back
Top Bottom