My Covid-19 lockdown trip to Italy

Apparently that wagon was there on the day I went up and I met a couple of bikers who couldn't get past it so came back down. I thought I'd go up anyway and have a look. By the time I got there they had cleared it. One might think that is not the best vehicle to be taking on that road!!

Glad on the whole you had a great trip. Having done basically your route as far as Como (we end up at Lake Maggiore) I am gutted that we can't go 'yet'. Technology is fine when it works, Looking forward to the pics and video. Have a great time "WORKING" LOL

Wow Great pics, plenty of room on your new boat for the bike then: D, was it the Hotel Tremezzo you stayed in, Sat Nav sent him the truck driver the wrong way. :blast

Stelvio Pass 02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:blast That looks like a whole load of shit on the front of that helmet :D
Loving all the data "Average Speed 2.5 KM/H :cool: very useful.

The Marmot looks well chilled.

Good one RJP ... following with great interest :thumb

Thank you

:beerjug:

Yeah I'm going to have to find a better mount solution for the helmet cam, that was a ball ache. That Nav unit is as much use asa chocolate fireguard.

Thanks for the RR, nice to see someone out and about. Interestingly you had more freedom to ride your bike around Italy than one of my mates who actually lives there! He was and maybe still is restricted to 15kms from his house.

You're right about that hateful Nav and basecamp crap. I loathe it too. I've started using my phone also but a quick question on the mounting if I may. I also have quadlock but cant find a decent mounting place with the bar mount I bought. What mount are you using and where have you found best to put it. Wherever I've tried its either in the way, the wrong angle or hits the tank bag.. we have the same bike...(nearly)

cheers in advance

Hi Rich, Ive just ordered the Quadlock mirror mount, I'm hoping it will go on the bar where the sat nav is now. I've also ordered the wireless charger from them to sit on the mirror mount. I will remove the sat nav and mount, I'll see if this works. If it does I'll sell the nav 6. I'll post something once I've fitted it.

What's the problem with the Nav 6? went to Italy and back last Sept with no problems with my Nav 6, performed as expected, good bit of kit IMO, basecamps ok once you understand it (I'm still learning)

You're a better man than me with base camp then!...every time I go near it the laptop nearly ends out of the window. I loathe it. I think it's an embarrassment for Garmin.

The nav 5 is ok I guess, by comparison anyway, and I've found my way round Europe many times with it but I do find it unintuitive and not as easy to use as say TomTom or a phone app.

I'm with Rich C, the whole Garmin experience is just unintuitive. I've also done Europe trips with the previous versions but their software doesn't seen to have developed as much as things like MyRouteApp. Ultimately it's horses for courses and I'm glad some people like the Garmin because I'll need someone to buy my Nav 6 soon!

Really enjoyed looking at this.

Great photos too !

Back
Top Bottom