Big Si

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Mmmmmmm:cool:

Attachments

• Harley Heritage Classic 114.jpg
    Harley Heritage Classic 114.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 453
That looks really tidy. I recently started lusting after a Road King Special, but all the reviews suggest that while the Special looks great, the standard Road King is more comfortable and rides better.

But the standard RK is a 107 whilst the Special is a 114...

I suspect the Heritage rides like a standard Road King, is more blacked out and has the 114... winner

That looks really tidy. I recently started lusting after a Road King Special, but all the reviews suggest that while the Special looks great, the standard Road King is more comfortable and rides better.

I suspect the Heritage rides like a standard Road King, is more blacked out and has the 114... winner

I think 2018 heralded the new monoshock Softail frame (quoted as 60% stiffer than previous which means pre 2018 they must have been made of cheese;)), coupled with the new Milwaukee 8 engine.:bow

It will always ride better than a road king.

It will always ride better than a road king.
Why?

I'd have thought the chassis/suspension world be the same or very similar.

I'm guessing the tyres on the heritage are higher profile so more comfortable perhaps

I'm confusing myself here - the Heritage is on the softail chassis and the RK is on the touring chassis

I'm confusing myself here - they are both on the touring chassis

No they aren't. The Heritage is a 2018+ Softail with the new frame and mono shock rear. Quite a few improvements and a fair bit lighter to boot.

No they aren't. The Heritage is a 2018+ Softail with the new frame and mono shock rear. Quite a few improvements and a fair bit lighter to boot.

It's ok I'd confused myself; I realise that now.

I've ridden a fair few M8 softails but not a heritage, and not ridden a RK for about 15 years

Nothing wrong with the way the RKS rides. I did 4K miles around Norway last September and it was very comfortable and rode just fine. :)

Attachments

• C4FFBF67-397A-4A4B-A495-DBEE7607C767.jpg
    C4FFBF67-397A-4A4B-A495-DBEE7607C767.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 354
Nothing wrong with the way the RKS rides. I did 4K miles around Norway last September and it was very comfortable and rode just fine. :)
Don’t let reality get in the way of a good story :D

The modern Road King/Glides handle just fine........within their limitations....... what generally fucks them is changing the bars....:D

Seriously it’s rider input via the bars that causes a lot handling “issues” on later bikes...

I have a 2018 Heritage. I tried the RK before buying it, but found there was night and day difference between the handling. The softail feels so much lighter and almost flickable. The chassis being shorter helps I suppose. As they both have the same engines, it was a no brainer for me.
df45d5bc8b19f8eb00315852356d6ced.jpg

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

2018, you could get either the 107 or the 114 when the new softail frame came out.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Nice, I'm going to pay for mine tomorrow:blast:D
(Not very excited!!)

I have a 2018 Heritage. I tried the RK before buying it, but found there was night and day difference between the handling. The softail feels so much lighter and almost flickable. The chassis being shorter helps I suppose. As they both have the same engines, it was a no brainer for me.

Bike length and wheelbases are virtually identical between the two.

Back
Top Bottom