My latest project

New barrels have been put on hold. I’m going to hone the barrels and fit new rings, as someone who knows more about triumphs than I ever will has taken a look, and that is what he suggested.
There are new made barrels, much like they do for BSA’s.... new old stock may be out there, but finding it is the problem....

I will update as progress occurs (slowly)....

205FB5B1-F291-4C43-B5D3-A038C220A068.jpeg

Work progresses ...slowly

Attachments

• 985C8314-718C-4710-A92D-F7A4FF2CBB85.jpeg
    985C8314-718C-4710-A92D-F7A4FF2CBB85.jpeg
    110.1 KB · Views: 409
Well, the engine strip down Continues.....

Sludge trap nearly full...... crank bearings DEFINATELY need replacing. ...... small end bushes need replacing...... will measure big ends next, but I think they may need oversize replacements.....

The amount of sludge in the bottom of the crank cases was scary..... I’m glad I did not decide to run this engine as it was !
Oh, the gauze filter on the bottom of the cases will NOT come out..... the nut is b*ggered, and won’t move ...yet!
Heat to be applied when I get round to it.

Well...... to update this thread;

The engine did fight me for a while, but was finally completed, and back in the frame.
barrels honed, new rings for the original (to me) pistons which were plus 20 thou.

Engine back into frame, and all ancillaries fitted. Sorted the electrics (I have a mental block about electrics so this was daunting for me..... but taking it one wire at a time, reading, and re-reading the diagram until I understood what it all meant, I managed to get it sorted) I still dislike electrics, but they don’t scare me as much as they did a few years ago. I’d never have managed to sort electrics a few years ago, but having done my old R80ST I am no longer as bad as I once was.

It now fires up as it should.... I still have to strobe time it, and sort a couple of minor electric glitches... but for my first full restoration/rebuild I don’t think it’s too bad.

Wow.!!! That's awesome.

Well done Sir

Thanks all.
I’ve just been given a SEG logo sticker for the rear mudguard to finish it off.
It was originally a SEG bike, registered in Feb 1971 although built in June (or July... I can’t remember) 1970, so last of the pre OIF bikes.

I have a picture of an SEG line of bikes that mine is definitely in, so as the bike has a decent history, I wanted to get it back on the road. It’s not to original spec as it came to me with a T150 front end, which I have retained for. Decent disc brake. ...and some other mods to make it a better bike for me.

My bike is actually in this line up.......

That’s true Twizzle.... would have made for a better pic and wouldn’t upset my OCD.

For correct SEG appearance please highlight the tyre details in gold, and when parking up spin the front wheel with your foot so the writing matches your neighbours bike :blast

ps - Beautiful bike, well done :thumb

Oblertone

This bike pre-dates the SEG doing silly things like the gold lettering on the tyres , and it also pre dates them having “SEG” as part of the registration
Don’t know when the DVLA gave the MPS all the “SEG” registrations.... think it must have been 80’s with the SEG using BMW’s.

Like your thinking tho....... but I won’t be “bulling” my boots either...

Back
Top Bottom