Centre Stand Assistant

Well, I'm intrigued enough to keep looking for the updates... I think I'll stop thinking how this might work though as I haven't got a clue ;)

Well, I'm intrigued enough to keep looking for the updates... I think I'll stop thinking how this might work though as I haven't got a clue ;)
It's a fold up ramp isn't it to raise the the wheel?

I hate to :monkeypiz on your project, but your original post you said:
I have designed a neat little gadget ......

That thing is fecking huge and heavy!! Who is going to cart that around in their top box/pannier on the off chance they want you deploy their centre stand? Even if they do, it is then all grubby and wet and no-one will want to put it back into their top box/pannier!!

Its going to need some careful packing/tying down or else its going to fly around in your top box/pannier denting the inside.....

In this case I don't know that size matters:D . as I never bother using my center stand if touring or away.
I only try to put it on the stand in the shed but again seldom bother because I find it so hard to do .
I never had issues with my older 1150's or my earlier 1200's .
I've yet to try earlier advice on here about leaving engine running in high suspension setting. Even with the added lifting handle I personally struggler but then I'm not your average tosser at 5'7'' and 12.5 stones. :beerjug::beerjug:

Tip is while trying to put the bike on the stand don't just put your foot on the stand and lift concentrate on driving the centre stand into the ground with your foot.

tom

Is this for the front wheel ? Couldn't you just lug a wooden wedge about with you? Costs = free/pence, weighs sod all and you'd not be bothered if you lost it.

I hate to :monkeypiz on your project, but your original post you said:

That thing is fecking huge and heavy!! Who is going to cart that around in their top box/pannier on the off chance they want you deploy their centre stand? Even if they do, it is then all grubby and wet and no-one will want to put it back into their top box/pannier!!

Its going to need some careful packing/tying down or else its going to fly around in your top box/pannier denting the inside.....

35cm Long x 13cm wide x 3.8cm high weighs 1.6kgs and will weigh much less after another modification to the final article hardly constitutes "fecking huge and heavy!!"

Obviously the final packaging will have a storage bag to keep it from flying "around in your top box/pannier denting the inside..... "and making everything in your panniers "all grubby and wet"

I guess everyone will have an opinion on anything that is posted on the forum, but hey ho I'll just let it go and continue with my idea, especially as I have been speaking to a major UK accessory stockist who are just as excited as I am about the gadget :D

Exactly how my RS pops up onto the stand.

No lifting / pulling needed - just push right foot down onto stand.
Newtons third law? Unless of course you weigh about a ton and a half.
Alan R

Has anyone tried just putting their esa on the max/2 helmets and luggage setting and if so does that make it any easier to get the bike on the centre stand. Obviously it wouldn't be as easy as the OPs gadget though.

Newtons third law? Unless of course you weigh about a ton and a half.
Alan R

I’m a lightweight 73 kilos.

Of course, you have to pull the clutch in if you’re parked in gear so that the bike can actually roll back up onto the stand.

Surely no ones huffing and puffing trying to pull up a bike that is in gear?

Sorry Mr Fagin, it’s not on my Xmas list :)

Tip is while trying to put the bike on the stand don't just put your foot on the stand and lift concentrate on driving the centre stand into the ground with your foot.

tom

I fear what I said above may have been misread. Newton's law is safe. The point I was making was that a "lift" on its own is not as efficient. By concentrating on driving the centre stand into the ground as well as lifting you are utilising/maximising the strength of your legs as well as your body.
It's closer to sports psychology as well as body dynamics.

tom

I think it's a good idea. How much will it be, and when will it be available? Anything that'll reduce the risk of me wrecking my back or the bike has to be a win win. :thumb

I'm interested also as I have a bad back and getting my GS on the mainstand these days is getting just that little bit more difficult

Phil once I’ve got pricing details and a patent arranged I will let everyone know how the gadget works, as you will appreciate I don’t want the idea stolen before I’ve tried to get it off the ground ;)

No pun intended :aidan

Back
Top Bottom