Suits me

I must confess to not even knowing that the RKS had different shocks to the RK.
But I’ve never ridden an RK and was quite happy with the suspension when I demo’ed an RKS before buying.
My g/f has been pillion on mine, but not far.
She preferred the Tallboy pillion perch to the Le Pera but the latter is staying on and it’s adequate.Luckily she’s got a tidy arse so will be fine.

The two seats for comparison :
41cf6fd339667687cf8b725609877c2f.jpg

5ba0a5d45842497c16f48aba440f78ea.jpg

2daf66173e25bee2db6b3d7620f2edba.jpg

The backrest is removed above but fits with both

f49d19f7e91c9a857ccc0fcbeb941a1d.jpg

I can see how the seat would help, but the stock shocks are horrible imho, crashes over the slightest dip or pothole. I know it’s never going to be a GS, but I do think the standard RK rides much nicer (but doesn’t look as good).

New shocks going on mine when I can bring myself to forking out the neck end of a grand.

A grand for a pair of shocks:eh But I have to agree the RKS is nice.So on the Heritage classic 114 are the shocks beefier ?

A grand for a pair of shocks:eh But I have to agree the RKS is nice.So on the Heritage classic 114 are the shocks beefier ?

About £750 for basic ohlins, but why would you? It’s a Harley, search out the most inappropriately marketed product, and fit that. I’m looking at fitting the Russ Wernimont shocks, after all, he is famous for doing the shocks on trophy trucks and off roaders :D

I use Progressive shocks.. budget but work well enough for the touring frame..

Back
Top Bottom