Changing Nav V power cable

Big Si

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've got a Nav V that I want to mount on a non BMW bike. Obviously the Nav 5 mount has the BMW power connector and I can't find a Zumo 660 powered cradle anywhere on ebay or amazon. (If anyone has got one for sale, I would be very interested :thumb2) As a motor elecktrickery dimwit is it possible to change the BMW power plug/connector to a USB??

Thanks in advance:thumb

I've got a Nav V that I want to mount on a non BMW bike. Obviously the Nav 5 mount has the BMW power connector and I can't find a Zumo 660 powered cradle anywhere on ebay or amazon. (If anyone has got one for sale, I would be very interested :thumb2) As a motor elecktrickery dimwit is it possible to change the BMW power plug/connector to a USB??

Thanks in advance:thumb

Any ideas?:nenau

Any ideas?:nenau

I mounted a Nav V on my Yamaha. I bought a used BMW cradle from Motorworks for £48, chopped off the BMW plug and wired up a suitable Yamaha connector - Yamaha thoughtfully provide a switched live connector to install their own accessories. Used a RAM mount for the cradle.
A enterprising company scoured the world for 660 cradles, purchased them all and now charges 3x the original retail price for them. Buy inexpensive, buy BMW :okay

The BMW nav 5 cradle drops the power down for the unit, so no need to go through a usb adaptor. The two wires going to it are just pos and neg 12 volt. I’m sure Nippy Normans sell the connector adaptors.

The BMW nav 5 cradle drops the power down for the unit, so no need to go through a usb adaptor. The two wires going to it are just pos and neg 12 volt. I’m sure Nippy Normans sell the connector adaptors.

Sounds correct

Back
Top Bottom