We are open for business....oh wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plenty of caravans and campers heading up the M74 this morning. :nenau
Thought you were still closed up there?

Saying that, i reckon at least 4/5 of them were pikeys.

Plenty of caravans and campers heading up the M74 this morning. :nenau
Thought you were still closed up there?

Saying that, i reckon at least 4/5 of them were pikeys.

If you're in a campervan/caravan there is little anyone can do to stop them I guess.

My politics are very middle of the road which means nothing and irrelevant during these times.

Mrs Sturgeon is doing a grand job - I agree with her cautious approach. Yes it is frustrating but washing hand and behaving is the key - how hard can that be?

All these places we desperately want to visit will still be there when this passes.

Keep calm and carry on!

I've supported her all along but the face coverings now seems after the horse has bolted, on another matter, I can meet up in a group of 8 outdoors from another family but can't play golf in a 4 ball, bonkers barmy.

Holes can be picked with any statement I certainly wouldn't have the balls to talk the talk and walk the walk as Mrs Sturgeon has. Sadly for the masses statements have to generic 1 rule covering all. As you suggest is all up for interpretation but in all honesty folk with any sense should be considerate as tough as it is getting for everybody.

We run a self catering on the NC500 as it stands it is unlikely we will open this year - if we do there is only 2 bookings we may honour.

I have heaps to do west but our relationship with the community is far more important than breaching trust so if no is no then I am happy with that.

Working in Aberdoom I am exposed to the higher of the risk areas there has been a clear decline in cases going offshore and from offshore - the virus is still there though.

Not sure if I had it but for the best part of 4 months I felt shit - all information is welcomed digested and my personal risk assessment made.

Why are you unlikely to open your sc place ?

The virus isn't going to disappear, it's something we'll probably have around for years yet, but at some time we have to get going again, sooner the better for most I believe.

Our main thoughts

1/ Liability
2/ the directive is if infected self isolate - screws up other bookings
3/ the cleaning regime has to be set and confirmed
4/ there has been no covid in the area
5/ until locals are comfortable with incomers then the house will remain in lockdown

The cleaning protocol and regime for self catering places such as Dave's......and ours.......is now published and comprehensive and includes steam cleaning....not only floors but soft furnishings and curtains... and disinfecting between guests. We have reckoned today that a turn round here will be over 2 weeks for the two of us flat out.....we have 24 beds. Dave's is a bit smaller but he will still need to pay some one to do it...or not.
Additionally he may breed resentment from the geographically insulated locals for potentially introducing risk....and Dave will not want to do that in an area where he is well known and respected. A matter of perception rather than fact possibly, but important for a member of the community as he is.

All in all, probably best giving this year a bye. A judgement call to make.

The only lets we have coming are family and that is going to be difficult enough to manage.....social distancing with up to 20+ folk? Sharing crappers? A whole lot of extra work that is for sure.

Edit...sorry Dave....you said it all first!

The cleaning protocol and regime for self catering places such as Dave's......and ours.......is now published and comprehensive and includes steam cleaning....not only floors but soft furnishings and curtains... and disinfecting between guests. We have reckoned today that a turn round here will be over 2 weeks for the two of us flat out.....we have 24 beds. Dave's is a bit smaller but he will still need to pay some one to do it...or not.
Additionally he may breed resentment from the geographically insulated locals for potentially introducing risk....and Dave will not want to do that in an area where he is well known and respected. A matter of perception rather than fact possibly, but important for a member of the community as he is.

All in all, probably best giving this year a bye. A judgement call to make.

The only lets we have coming are family and that is going to be difficult enough to manage.....social distancing with up to 20+ folk? Sharing crappers? A whole lot of extra work that is for sure.

Edit...sorry Dave....you said it all first!

What is your place then? :nenau Genuine question. :thumb2 I wasn’t aware you had a hotel / guesthouse. 24 beds is a lot! :eek:

Why are you unlikely to open your sc place ?

The virus isn't going to disappear, it's something we'll probably have around for years yet, but at some time we have to get going again, sooner the better for most I believe.

But you don't believe GP's are doing a good job so anything else you believe has to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom