New to me......

Big Si

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Bit the bullet/ pulled the trigger (whatever you want to call it) today. My first Harley:thumb

Attachments

• My Harley.jpg
    My Harley.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 401
Looks good.Let us know how you find it as I am still open to suggestions.

How much did you spend on ‘extras’:D

Nothing so far, came with V + H Eliminator 300's and the sissy bar.

I like the semi blacked out finish. It's important, because as we know, 'Black Harleys Matter' !

Sweet - when’s collection day.?

Cheers, I went up to Sycamore, Uppingham today to have a gander at it and pay the balance after putting a deposit on it a few days ago. It's got to go through the workshop yet and have a valet. They may have a van going past my place next week, so I might take advantage of that and have it delivered.

I must say, I was really impressed by Steve at Sycamore, very friendly and professional, great communication, nothing too much trouble. A very pleasant buying experience. Some of the other bike dealers I have dealt with over the years should try some U.S. style customer service.

Eh ?
Do they wank you off for another £50 ???

Premium price deserves a premium service :D

Having just been shafted like like one of the girls from the Texas 500, I’d think a little ‘hand shake’ would be the polite thing to do :green gri

Nothing so far, came with V + H Eliminator 300's and the sissy bar.

I like the semi blacked out finish. It's important, because as we know, 'Black Harleys Matter' !

:D

You know that’s a short lived thing don’t you?

Soon you’ll be throwing £500 here and there like confetti :thumb

Does look good but get rid of those fork reflectors (warm them up and they pull off, a bit of floss works well too). Best free mod I know

Can I ask if you got any ‘market conditions’ discount?

:D

You know that’s a short lived thing don’t you?

Soon you’ll be throwing £500 here and there like confetti :thumb

Does look good but get rid of those fork reflectors (warm them up and they pull off, a bit of floss works well too). Best free mod I know

Great tip, thanks, coincidentally that was going to be my first job on it. I'm hoping the reflectors on the bags come off as easy.:nenau

Can I ask if you got any ‘market conditions’ discount?

No, I don't think so. The one I bought was put up for sale at the beginning of lockdown. Steve, the sales mgr. at Sycamore told me yesterday that he sold 20 odd bikes even while they were shut. Now they are open sales have climbed dramatically, he put it down to cancelled holidays freeing up cash. I enquired last Saturday (they were still closed then), he rang me up on the day after (Sunday) and took a deposit off me. They had had dozens of serious enquiries on it but I was able to secure it thankfully.

On the other end of the scale I also made serious enquiries to Bowker HD Preston and Stratstone Birmingham, neither of which have bothered their arse to even get in touch apart from an automated reply telling me how valuable I am to them as a potential customer. Absolutely no excuse for that in this day and age with modern communication methods. It all comes down to whether they can be bothered or not, they might be busy now but with an attitude like that, they won't always be!:mad:

Back
Top Bottom