New to me......

I know a guy - owns a prestige car lot - decent cars 3-6 years old Audi’s/ BMW/ jags etc the odd Porsche.....

He closed on 23rd March and re opened on Monday last week - sold 15 cars last week.... reckons it was all built up spend....people thinking and looking....then boom ......doors are open.

They've got a nice EG M8 at Uppingham, that I quite fancy, but would I get any real use out of it this season?? - glad to hear they are up & running again though.

Given the investment at Peterborough (Sycamore Motorrad & RE) last year, lockdown must have hurt.

Soon you’ll be throwing £500 here and there like confetti :thumb

In 1992 I bought a new FXRS Lowrider which I kept bog standard for nine years. Whenever I dropped into a Harley dealer they would always say that my bike was so different as it was standard.....:confused:

Cheers, I went up to Sycamore, Uppingham today to have a gander at it and pay the balance after putting a deposit on it a few days ago. It's got to go through the workshop yet and have a valet. They may have a van going past my place next week, so I might take advantage of that and have it delivered.

I must say, I was really impressed by Steve at Sycamore, very friendly and professional, great communication, nothing too much trouble. A very pleasant buying experience. Some of the other bike dealers I have dealt with over the years should try some U.S. style customer service.
Steve Jollands at Sycamore HD is a really nice bloke. I've bought 2 Harleys off him and he cant do enough to make it a no hassle experience. That's a nice Heritage you have bought. I may see it in the flesh next week when I'm in for a socially distanced service.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

I can see the green tinge of jealousy from here, and it's 25-30 miles to Redditch !;):D

Is it glowing like nuclear waste! Enjoy it mate, Harleys aren't for me, tried them twice and they just never got under my skin and I have the GS for touring.

Is it glowing like nuclear waste! Enjoy it mate, Harleys aren't for me, tried them twice and they just never got under my skin and I have the GS for touring.

Each to their own I suppose mate, this is my first, we'll see. I've had a few metric cruisers in the past (one a Kwak VN1500 bought from Will of this parish), but they are all essentially HD wannabees. Can't wait for next Friday when I get it.:bounce1

Looks great, enjoy. Its not obligatory to wear a waist coat and sow loads of badges on, grow a goatie beard (unless you already have one) or put a chain on your wallet. Possibly join the HDRCGB, good lot on the whole, had some good times with those guys.

Had a Heritage Softail for 7 years, then traded it for a 2014 CVO Road King, which I kept for 2 years and put over 20k on it, enjoyed my Harley ownership. May even dip my toes in the water again at some point :)

Each to their own I suppose mate, this is my first, we'll see. I've had a few metric cruisers in the past (one a Kwak VN1500 bought from Will of this parish), but they are all essentially HD wannabees. Can't wait for next Friday when I get it.:bounce1

Loved my GS’s, my RT, my 650 Dakar, in fact I can’t think of any bikes I’ve owned that I didn’t like.

Harleys either get you or they don’t I guess, but I love mine.

I hate it for so many things, but that gives me a reason to improve it and make it mine.

I hated the way it handled, so I fitted the apes because it gives it attitude and makes it handle worse, which makes it more fun :D

It’s diabolically heavy, poorly built, service from HD USA is worse than a $3 hand job from a crack whore the list is almost endless. Technically, it’s probably the worst bike I’ve ever owned, but it’s in the top 3 most loved bikes that I’ve owned. Love it like you’d love a three legged dog that tries to race greyhounds, humps anything that moves (or is dead), does the smelliest farts and has the worst fish breath ever. Some won’t understand, but that dog makes ya smile from ear to ear even though it’s more than a little bit embarrassing, that sums up my Harley.

Back
Top Bottom