Problem with base camp routes

wispyone

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Last year I downloaded some routes from Ride Magazine, one of which was a circuit of the Lake District. Rode the route and it was a great day out, so much so I decided to ride it again in Monday.
I changed a few bits through base camp by taking some roads out and adding a few I wanted to ride. All transferred to the 590 and was looking good.
Due to the fact the route started in Kendal the sat nav recognised the start and the end. These were saved as Kendal 1 , for the start and Kendal 2 as the end.
As I was leaving home the sat nav asked which point to start and created 2 routes, the first of which was home to the start, Kendal1.
Set off and it worked as it should, route to the start and then the "second" route kicked in.
The problem was there were road closures half way round with no diversion signs etc. Stupidly I used the sat nav to check the roads and must have cancelled out of the route.

So, is there a way to carry on half way through the route? When I go back I to the trip it asked to go Kendal 1 or Kendal 2, choosing to go to Kendal 2, the end, it created a different route and not continued the trip.

Sorry for the long winded post

Richard

Yes, there are several ways. The easiest is to summon up the route onto the screen but not immediately run it. Navigate yourself onto the route’s magenta line. In other words, use the map on the screen like a conventional paper map. When you are on the magenta line and pointing in the right direction, start the route, choosing Kendal 2 as your destination.

Thanks Wapping, thought there would be a way and good to know for next time, just so frustrating whilst sat at the side of the road head scratching.

Cheers

Richard

Back
Top Bottom