r80gs near brecon/builth wells anyone ?

phil_h

Reaction score
I like the idea of one of these, but its a loooong time since I rode an airhead (had an r60/5 and then a 75/6 back in the day).
I currently have an r1250gs rallye and a husky fe350 to take off road... when I'm allowed, but it would be nice to have something for a vmcc ride in the local hills, and an early 80s r80gs is certainly tickling my fancy... but I would like a little ride on one to feel what its like.
I live between Brecon and Builth Wells (so very locked down just now) but if there is someone 'local' (ie 20-30 miles ?) that wouldnt mind me visiting it would be very much appreciated.

Also, as I cant access the ads, an idea of whats around just now would be great !

Also, as I cant access the ads, an idea of whats around just now would be great !

Subscribe for £12 a year & the ads, and plenty more, opens up for you ;)
Best money I spend every year
But you need to watch the ads regularly, good bikes are few & far between and don’t hang around for long

Although I only have my 80GS for a year, main bike is a 12GS LC, I can’t recommend it highly enough. Completely different to a modern bike but it brings you back to years gone by - you get time to see the countryside & smell the roses. And it’ll get a lot more admiring looks than a new bike :thumb

Oh dear ! I said 'early and 'gs' in the same sentence :blast
'Early' is the important bit, if I tried a paralever and liked it I might buy one, but I'm a proper _old_ bike-er (have veteran and vintage so 'classics' are 'modern' ;) ).
The original styling would def be my preference, even if he newer bikes are 'better'.
If I want the best, I can go out on my 1250 :)

I’ve got a G/s if you are interested however it has the 1000cc Siebenrock kit fitted.

If the man lets us out to play a bit more next week perhaps we could meet somewhere ?
(btw when we're allowed, I am promoting an adventurebikerider.com/forum meet at Llandovery Owls Nest to meet up with some of the people I've been chatting with for the past 3 months - how about doing that for ukgser ?)

If the man lets us out to play a bit more next week perhaps we could meet somewhere ?
(btw when we're allowed, I am promoting an adventurebikerider.com/forum meet at Llandovery Owls Nest to meet up with some of the people I've been chatting with for the past 3 months - how about doing that for ukgser ?)
I’d be up for that.

No problem post enforced detention.

I'd be up for a get together.
Just post the dates and location in the Wales section.

Is the Owls nest still open Phil? I passed by there before lock down and it was shut up and no signs out.

Back
Top Bottom