XL125S

Patina is everything,

If your going to use it dont go concours

I had the 185 version and it was a nice enough little bike - loads of oil changes as with all those little Hondas.

I remember that I sold it to buy a video recorder....:blast

I and several other mates cut our teeth on a big old XL250.

It was owned by my best friend, and was my first proper introduction to motorbikes.

That bike suffered some horrendous abuse from 3 teenagers plus mates,

but like some old leviathan, would haul it's self out of every bomb crater, foxhole, river, or bog we could manage to drop it into

fully loaded with one or more teenagers hanging on for dear life.

We did eventually kill it :( (The piston finally had enough) , and the subsequent rebuild using very non oe parts was short lived

but by that time we had seen KTM's, new Honda's, Yamaha's and road bikes were now legal :) :thumb

I would either ride it and enjoy it, or sell it, or do a full resto.

The only thing I'd advise against is spending more without restoring it entirely. If you repaint the bodywork, the engine and frame will always stand out as tatty. And vice versa. For some reason the bit that does not get restored always draws the eye.

I would either ride it and enjoy it, or sell it, or do a full resto.

The only thing I'd advise against is spending more without restoring it entirely. If you repaint the bodywork, the engine and frame will always stand out as tatty. And vice versa. For some reason the bit that does not get restored always draws the eye.

Thats true, if you restore them you've got to do it all and it normally costs more than its worth. And like you say if you paint one bit you've got to paint it all.
I've decided I'm not going to use it, just move it on and look for another "project"

Back
Top Bottom