Losing pressure

Well has no one told you yet that you can get tyres with different strength carcasses! :blast
When I put tubeless on my downhill bike I ( local bike shop ) put extra sticky heavy duty carcass tyres on it at the same time. Think they cost about £65 each. :thumb2

Well has no one told you yet that you can get tyres with different strength carcasses! :blast
When I put tubeless on my downhill bike I ( local bike shop ) put extra sticky heavy duty carcass tyres on it at the same time. Think they cost about £65 each. :thumb2

I’ll need to change tyres soon, so which ones do you recommend?

Dried up?! You need to ride it more! :D

Sorry Nutty, you misunderstood what I meant. The sealant had dried up because there were so many punctures from the thorns, which is also the reason why I haven't gone back to tubes. Tubeless is definitely the way to go (for where and how I ride) but it is not quite the "fit and forget" that people believe.
My current favourite tyres are Michelin enduro wild btw.
Mark

Yep, but couldn’t find anything at all. Very odd.

Maybe the weight is flexing the sides of the softer sided tyres you have causing leakage,if so that would suggest putting some harder sided tyres on would alleviate the problem.

I’ll need to change tyres soon, so which ones do you recommend?

I'm preferring the Schwalbe stuff on my MTB's, "Nobby Nic" seem to be a good all rounder, plenty of grip in most off-road conditions but can feel slow on the road... https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mtb/tyres?f=4294954610

I like Conti's on my road bikes. https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/road/tyres?f=4294954480 - seem fast rolling and they have puncture protection on some variants too

To answer the initial problem first, after a few months of my riding first tubeless tyred bike, I was disappointed to find it kept losing pressure on the back, despite doing everything that has been mentioned in previous posts. I took the tyre off, to find that the sealant had dried up, but also the tyre had plenty of thorns in it ( found this out the painful way)

And with a tubed tyre each of those thorns would have been a puncture, probably in the middle of a muddy forest. From the University of the Bleedin’ Obvious.

Back
Top Bottom