"66 KTM 1190 ADV R - Thinking of selling

RFOZ

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Evening chaps,

I have a 2016 1190 ADR R with about 2000 miles on, owned from new.

It has PowerCell Pods fitted from new, SAS delete, Oberon clutch slave.

I also have a Wings Silencer currently fitted.

It's been serviced twice by myself (once around 600 miles and then 12 months later).

I've always had it covered in ACF50 and it's mint.

What do we think it's worth?

Many thanks

Oz

I think, 2k..no picture so could look like....!!!
And sombody will come alomg and tell you...
That you need to put a price on it..

Simple - look at bike trader, MCN Bikes and E-bay to see what they are being advertised at, but don't forget a private sale will be about 10%-20% less than dealer prices.

Powercell might put some folk off rather than adding to the value, low miles / mint condition will draw potential punters but they will still want to pay you the same as some bloke is asking for a shitty high miler - but it should sell quickly.

without pics hard to tell,, but realisticly £7.5k at best ,, dealer would prob ask around 9k with that mileage

Simple - look at bike trader, MCN Bikes and E-bay to see what they are being advertised at, but don't forget a private sale will be about 10%-20% less than dealer prices.

Powercell might put some folk off rather than adding to the value, low miles / mint condition will draw potential punters but they will still want to pay you the same as some bloke is asking for a shitty high miler - but it should sell quickly.

Do you honestly think the functional air filter, rather than the rubbish that KTM designed, will actually put people off? It's a £500+ part new so I'll just remove it if you think that's the case.

Pictures are completely pointless; as mentioned it's mint and you know what a new one looks like. (It's also not a for sale ad.)

I'm not sure what it's worth, hence the question looking for peoples sensible thoughts.

Thanks

Oz

Do you honestly think the functional air filter, rather than the rubbish that KTM designed, will actually put people off? It's a £500+ part new so I'll just remove it if you think that's the case.

Its not what I think, but what potential punters think, but IMHO / Experience:-

80% of punters don't use forums, they think that the Manufacturers know best and want to avoid a bike someone has done any significant mods to, another 10% will just say they don't want all your extras in the hope you cannot be bothered to remove them, or even try and knock you down due to the mods they say they don't want (and know you cannot easily remove) in the hope they get more for less.

If they ask their friendly local KTM dealer about these mods they will probably say they don't recommend them, there is noting wrong with the stock filter etc.

So you are trying to appeal to a small minority of potential buyers who might want your bike with your mods and admit as much, on any given week there maybe nobody looking for a bike with these mods, but you could get lucky, especially if you don't mind waiting a while for a sale as anyone thinking of buying a bike like this and doing those mods would find yours very tempting.

I am on my third Adventure - all of them have had the standard airbox and none have blown up, I think this is the experience of the vast majority of owners, and from 2015 onwards KTM did modify the airbox - not that there was anything wrong with the old design of course ;-)

To be clear I would be happy with a bike modified like this myself, good luck if you decide to sell.

I sold my S model last Autumn privately, it had 20k on it (was mint though) and I got £7300 leaving Ergo seats, crash bars and touring screen in the deal, so £7500 is probably achievable for yours, maybe a tad more, I would probably advertise at £7950 and convince anyone calling it it worth every penny and how great the mods are.

Phone a few dealers and see what they offer, add about 15% - 20% to their prices, my best guess if they would offer about £6500 and put it up at £8995 - and my other guage is removing 15%-20% from dealer prices.

I watch these a lot, There have been loads on here for months unsold from bidding or dealer priced to high and not selling.

A couple sat on bidding were finishing at around the 6k mark not even hitting reserves and been relisted time after time. The 1090 seems to be way more popular now a days and the prices are dropping quickly on these.
I think realistically with not been a dealer and selling the bike which is now out of warranty you would be looking 6.5k if you can find a buyer.

Back
Top Bottom