Fuel pipe size?

King Rat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I see a couple of sizes are used, very close to each other.... do our bikes use 5/16th or 1/4" for the fuel lines? Or is it something different altogether?

Outside of my fuel lines are covered by 11mm 'jubilee' clips, not sure what the internal hole size is supposed to be.

Many thanks for the knowledgeable. :beerjug:

I've used 6mm internal diameter hosing on my bike. Ido have a Touratech tank on mine though.
Bf

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

I see a couple of sizes are used, very close to each other.... do our bikes use 5/16th or 1/4" for the fuel lines? Or is it something different altogether?

Outside of my fuel lines are covered by 11mm 'jubilee' clips, not sure what the internal hole size is supposed to be.

Many thanks for the knowledgeable. :beerjug:

There is only one external fuel line from the fuel pump to the throttle body on the G650X bikes and it is a pre-shaped bespoke pipe part number 16 11 7 713 148 and it uses an 11.7-14.2mm clamp at one end and a 13.7-16.2mm at the other end so you can't use a stock length of fuel line

I've used 6mm internal diameter hosing on my bike. Ido have a Touratech tank on mine though.
Bf

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

That's what I needed to know, thanks. Must be 1/4 then... It is for buying the right external fuel filter for the TT tank on the Long Ranger! Two fuel lines come out of the tank and a balance pipe. I want to get a fuel take off fitted as well, that way it is easy to fill the cooker without having to carry fuel seperately.

Don't use the type as in the link below. It's not suitable for petrol, as I found out with a similar pipe last summer. It seemed to dissolve then harden the pipe.

I ended up using black rubber braided fuel hose when I re plumbed mine last summer. Can also get brass t pieces off ebay if you need to renew any joints.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162427056324

If your using the fuel pump breather pipe and not drilling the tank, be careful as fuel pipe supplied by touratech has a larger internal diameter to breather and you'll need a reducer. Sorry can't remember sizes at mo, I'll have a look.

8mm to 6mm reducer, obviously measure both first lol.

Back
Top Bottom