Givi tank lock

Deleted account 200705001

Reaction score
This is a real punt , but here goes . Does anyone have one of those little spacers that fit between the tank ring and the tank . They are 7mm long , outside dia 8.5mm and inside Dia 5.8mm . Some tank locks need them and some don’t . Thanks in advance for any help.

This is a real punt , but here goes . Does anyone have one of those little spacers that fit between the tank ring and the tank . They are 7mm long , outside dia 8.5mm and inside Dia 5.8mm . Some tank locks need them and some don’t . Thanks in advance for any help.

I will have a look today for you as i still have the packaging

Which model of tank ring have you got?

I have the recommended one for the GSA - BF17, and have found that in places it just touches the paintwork around the tank ring causing an abrasion mark in the lacquer. For me spacers would be ideal just to create a gap.

Thank you very much.

No problem pal

Which model of tank ring have you got?

I have the recommended one for the GSA - BF17, and have found that in places it just touches the paintwork around the tank ring causing an abrasion mark in the lacquer. For me spacers would be ideal just to create a gap.

Looking at mine i might have the same issue.

If no joy otherwise, have a pal with a 3D printer make them for you.

No problem pal

Looking at mine i might have the same issue.

That’s my problem , as soon as I started to fit it I could see the two faces were touching , I had a couple of the spacers and they separate the surfaces which is great . I had a response from Givi asking for some pictures and which adapter kit I have and where I bought it from . If I was at work I would just make some but currently working from home.

That’s my problem , as soon as I started to fit it I could see the two faces were touching , I had a couple of the spacers and they separate the surfaces which is great . I had a response from Givi asking for some pictures and which adapter kit I have and where I bought it from . If I was at work I would just make some but currently working from home.

Ok,Keep us posted how you go on.

UPDATE

I contacted Givi uk and received a response , the R&D dept say there is no need for the spacers. It’s just fine the way it is , I called the guy directly ar Givi and spoke to him , but all I was told was if they supplied the spacers it would invalidate the warranty ! Ok I said that’s fine but can I have the spacers , he says I am not sure and could buy an adaptor kit with them in it .

Anyway , not the best outcome and promised to see if he could get some spacers for me , but to be honest I am not holding my breath , but maybe I am Not giving him the benefit of the doubt but it’s been 3 days now and no update.

So there you have it , feel free to contact them yourselves , I did say there was a lot of interest being shown via the fourum .

Contacted and I've had a response asking for some purchase details and pictures. Also asked what accessories I had fitted to the bike. Must be an enthusiast :nenau

Did you get your spacers Deleted Account?

make spacers out of some small bore rubber fuel line or similar

I tried with spacers and could not open fuel cap so back to how it was.Instead put duct tape onto ring and cut out to shape.

This is what the tank ring has done to mine. Not massive damage in anyone's book but I'm sure with some development avoidable.

Attachments

• IMG_3333.jpg
    IMG_3333.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_3332.jpg
    IMG_3332.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_3329.jpg
    IMG_3329.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_3330.jpg
    IMG_3330.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 73
This is what the tank ring has done to mine. Not massive damage in anyone's book but I'm sure with some development avoidable.

How much more over time though.Do you not use anymore because of that ?

Bikes a year old and two short Scotland trips. Not much in the tank bag. The paint marks were actually under some tape as I had the same issue on my TB.
We'll see what Givi come up with. SW Motech produce a system that doesn't damage the tank.

Back
Top Bottom