Gas Shock problem

Well, it now seems the shock is fine (and always was). They let the air out trying to pump it up, but it was either the "wrong type of pump" or the pump was broken so they couldn't pump it back up. Took just a little over 3 weeks for this diagnosis.

However, now it's pumped up, they are too busy to be able to do the service, plus apparently one of the spokes needs tightening and "you need a special tool for that" - which they don't have. I've never looked closely at the HP2 wheels, but are thy really much different from any of the other spoke wheels on other bikes?

Good job its not my daily ride!

I'm sure they are torx off hand same as what holds the bike together

I'm sure they are torx off hand same as what holds the bike together

I took my GSA to them for service in April (I’m a key worker, alright?). I was really not impressed with the Maidenhead bunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well, it now seems the shock is fine (and always was). They let the air out trying to pump it up, but it was either the "wrong type of pump" or the pump was broken so they couldn't pump it back up. Took just a little over 3 weeks for this diagnosis.

However, now it's pumped up, they are too busy to be able to do the service, plus apparently one of the spokes needs tightening and "you need a special tool for that" - which they don't have. I've never looked closely at the HP2 wheels, but are thy really much different from any of the other spoke wheels on other bikes?

Good job its not my daily ride!

If they haven't done the service, I'd be inclined to retrieve the bike and take it elsewhere. Vines Guildford know the HP2 Enduro very well and have serviced mine several times. They also do a special reduced rate for bikes older than 10 years.

Bahnstormer Alton have always done a great job on my HP2's. They do have a couple of technicians that are experienced on the bikes

Bahnstormer Alton have always done a great job on my HP2's. They do have a couple of technicians that are experienced on the bikes

Mine’s back now, but I think I’ll take it to Alton in future. This bike was originally sold by Vines but Guildford is a pain to get to for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine’s back now, but I think I’ll take it to Alton in future. This bike was originally sold by Vines but Guildford is a pain to get to for me.

Jason is an absolute star on the bikes

You can pump up the shock with anything. I have the original hand pump but when I had the air shock I would pump it up with my small compressor no problem. I have the Ohlins now.

There's a locking screw inside the torx head that needs removing before adjustment.

Before adjusting the air pressure, do you mean?
I suppose I could always RTFM but there’s so much more good info on here.

A pic would be most welcome if you have the bike to hand!

Is there a lock screw on the spoke tensioners?

Thanks, just realised I hadn’t read it properly.

Apparently BMW dealers can’t do any spoke adjustments on any type of spoke wheels. If there’s a spoke problem it’s a new wheel!

Vines Guildford.....They also do a special reduced rate for bikes older than 10 years.

Please can BLUESWEEPER be kind enough to give me an idea of the hourly rate or is it a parts reduced price, any info would be appreciated.

:blast

I’ll be looking into this tomorrow as they relieved my pocket for what I considered an exhorbetant amount considering the work. I won’t be going back.

Vines Guildford.....They also do a special reduced rate for bikes older than 10 years.

Please can BLUESWEEPER be kind enough to give me an idea of the hourly rate or is it a parts reduced price, any info would be appreciated.

:blast

I’ll be looking into this tomorrow as they relieved my pocket for what I considered an exhorbetant amount considering the work. I won’t be going back.

I've no idea what the rate is, you should have asked for a quote before you let them loose on your bike. :blast

I've no idea what the rate is, you should have asked for a quote before you let them loose on your bike. :blast

I just had a chat with Vines, current hourly rate is £99 plus VAT and bikes older than 3 years is £90 plus VAT.

Back
Top Bottom