NAV VI cradle from GS 1250 to fit to GS 850 ??

harry

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm about to trade my 1250 GS to a second hand 850GS sport. Does anyone know if the NAV6 cradle

and power cable can be transferred to the 850 ie are they the same?

I know the cradles are different, but I intend to purchase a bar mount to place the NAV 6 above the

TFT. Any help/suggestions welcome, please.

The Nav6 does work with the 850GS Sport, according to members of another forum. It can be fully integrated with the wonderwheel apparently. I think they mentioned that the plug is the same.

With regards to an over TFT bracket for sat-nag- it depends on what you want to pay; there are some from the usual very expensive suppliers and some just as good for a fraction of the price from the likes of Aliexpress - I have one and it does the job!

Dave T

The Nav6 does work with the 850GS Sport, according to members of another forum. It can be fully integrated with the wonderwheel apparently. I think they mentioned that the plug is the same.

With regards to an over TFT bracket for sat-nag- it depends on what you want to pay; there are some from the usual very expensive suppliers and some just as good for a fraction of the price from the likes of Aliexpress - I have one and it does the job!

Dave T

Thanks for that, Dave

Dave T

When I first tried to move my GPS up to a position above the TFT (850GSA), the GPS was vibrating so much that it was impossible to use the GPS.

I pested my local pusher about the issue. He then suggested I should try BMWs own bracket.

All I can say is that it is well made, easy to install and so far has been rock steady.
Part No: 65908544610

When I first tried to move my GPS up to a position above the TFT (850GSA), the GPS was vibrating so much that it was impossible to use the GPS.

I pested my local pusher about the issue. He then suggested I should try BMWs own bracket.

All I can say is that it is well made, easy to install and so far has been rock steady.

Thanks, Knutk- I'll take a look

Same for me. The Givi mount is also good and far cheaper but not compatible with the GSA

I don't know about the issue of vibration with the GSA of the Aliexpress cradle, but on my GS it is rock solid and no vibration at all. The OP has a GS and it may be fine on his bike as it is not the GSA model.
I am very pleased with the cradle at a fraction of the price of Givi mount and BMW's own mount.

Dave T

Back
Top Bottom