Bit of polish needed

What's the plan Mikey cafe racers, bobbers?
The loose plan at the moment,is,,,,
To restore back to a standard ish /7
It may get a few upgrades along the way in the interest of reliability,
I think I will junk off the standard wiring loom and fit a brand new loom from a later bike ,mainly because I hate the fuse box in the headlamp(plus the loom connectors are nasty).

Judging by the parts shown and previous projects, I think he'll 'biggerate' the engine if the heads will take it and stuff the cowl on to make it like a 100CS.

Then he and Magnon will have drag races up and down Melton High Street when all of the rozzers knock off at 17.00.

Not until i fit a new clutch, the circa 1978 version can't handle the awesome power and torque now being produced following the laying on of the hands or was it spanners? :chickendance:chickendance:chickendance

Not until i fit a new clutch, the circa 1978 version can't handle the awesome power and torque now being produced following the laying on of the hands or was it spanners? :chickendance:chickendance:chickendance

Looking at the state of his bike, I think time is on your side.

I think Steptoe must have ran out of space and stored this one in his garden pond. Amazing what moisture can do.

I have plenty more old BMW’s stored away. But the garages these were in are being developed. The other garages are safe, for now.... pulled this out after being locked away for over 20 years. My next project :D

Attachments

• BC468194-A234-4BCD-8F59-2E63339B19A7.jpg
    BC468194-A234-4BCD-8F59-2E63339B19A7.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 703
I have plenty more old BMW’s stored away. But the garages these were in are being developed. The other garages are safe, for now.... pulled this out after being locked away for over 20 years. My next project :D

I'm not sure that'll fit in Mike's blast cabinet. :nenau

Quite popular trendy cars in the day, I remember one of my school Teachers had one. Mind I think he had an affair with one of his pupils too but thats another story.

No pics today,
But, pulled a head and barrel,
Moisture damage to cast barrel and rings.:comfort
Choices are,
Rebore to oversize 800. ££ for pistons and rebore
Use 1000cc barrels and bore them.££ as above
Fit nicasill 800 barrels ,cost of rings.
Hmmm I’ll ponder:thumb2

So with your business mans hat on what path would you take if you were not keeping it?

Back
Top Bottom