Bit of polish needed

I used bolt cutters on the spokes when I stripped my ST wheels.

Less chance of 'slipping' and damaging something that you dont want to damage. :thumb2

Less chance of 'slipping' and damaging something that you dont want to damage. :thumb2

It’s fine, he practiced on my wheels last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’ve been using power tools for 38 years,
Grinders, lathes,mills,chainsaws etc etc,
The first bit of advice I was given when I was a young apprentice was,never put your fingers where you wouldn’t put your dick.
Twatish statement but very true.ive still got my fingers,never been blinded and not as yet been dragged into a big powerful machine that wouldn’t even slow down if you got caught in it.
An angle grinder is probably the most likely tool to cause injury to someone,possibly only beaten by a chain saw.
If you don’t feel confident to handle the tool ,then don’t.:thumb

Im watching with great interest Mikey ,picked one of these,wee bikes up a month ago 1979 28000 miler been languishing in a old garage for 10 years .New battery started 1st turn of the key .Pulled all the RT kit off the poor wee thing ,almost back to where it should be ,Any ways Ive a voltmeter which works and a clock which did not but I never had a second look .(pardon the pun)may fit your S fairing .Im looking for a set of handlebar clamps shiny ones as ive still got the black rt ones with the top nut on each one yuk.Another thing whats the procedure for electronic Ignition thinking of going down that road myself .Looking forward to yours and mine out on the road .Cheers John.:beerjug:

Im looking for a set of handlebar clamps shiny ones as ive still got the black rt ones with the top nut on each one yuk.

John if Mike doesnt have a pair of shiny clamps to sell/swap I might have some lurking in the workshop

Im watching with great interest Mikey ,picked one of these,wee bikes up a month ago 1979 28000 miler been languishing in a old garage for 10 years .New battery started 1st turn of the key .Pulled all the RT kit off the poor wee thing ,almost back to where it should be ,Any ways Ive a voltmeter which works and a clock which did not but I never had a second look .(pardon the pun)may fit your S fairing .Im looking for a set of handlebar clamps shiny ones as ive still got the black rt ones with the top nut on each one yuk.Another thing whats the procedure for electronic Ignition thinking of going down that road myself .Looking forward to yours and mine out on the road .Cheers John.:beerjug:

I’ll take a look for bar clamps,will prob have some somewhere.
New ignition system has arrived and will be going on soon,I’ll get some pics.
For now,
Timing chain and camshaft refitted

Attachments

• 3D20E056-7012-4F83-BD10-3AD5750484B7.jpg
    3D20E056-7012-4F83-BD10-3AD5750484B7.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 734
You haven't got much social isolation between the BM and the Chinese BM.

One-upmanship

2505a4a5e5cc9b9f599ffada6ab513b9.png

You'll have the con-rod police after you leaving them hanging like that! I've always thought that if you rest them there and don't mess about, they will be completely fine! Nice job.

I bought an '83 R100 a couple of years ago, almost 135,000 miles from new most of which was with the original owner. This bike is the opposite of the one you've bought from Steppers, loved and cared for from day one and used and used and used........... Last weekend I made some adjustments to the tickover speed and cable adjustments which has smoothed it out no end. Sophisticated adjustments based on the back of the hand against the exhaust. So good to ride, this may be the last bike that I sell. It may get upgraded to electronic ignition and fuel injection, maybe from a scrapped Guzzi V70 if I can work it out.

Classic BM, this is what a bike should look like as opposed to the plastic fantastic garbage that BM China are selling today.

I seem to have forgotten how to upload an image, give me some time..........................

Back
Top Bottom