Guzzi V50 - Curious

neuroportal

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So I have never owned one yet alone ridden one, but there is something about these that appeals.

If I sold the VFR, wondering what I could pick up a nicely running one for. Not so arsed about cosmetic condition, just mechnical. Also what to look out for - recommendations or warnings. Would certainly get used.

Any info anyone could provide?

Cheers.

Had one a few years ago. They are great fun and surprisingly sprightly with great handling. They are tiny but they fitted me OK at 5’ 10”. The prices seem to be a bit all over the place. Surprisingly, the sporty Monza does not seem to attract a premium over the standard V50 but they may be a comfort thing and the fact they are nowhere near as attractive as the big block Le Mans. I reckon you would be looking at 2K upwards for a mechanically sorted one. I seem to remember the MK3 version was preferable. From memory I think there were issues with the ignition on the MK2.

Guzzi V50

A friend of mine has one for sale along with a V35 Imola, Pembrokshire Classics’s, have a look at the web site.

A very tidy V35 sold locally for just over 1300 quid in February...As Mark says, they are tiny.

V35 = girls bike :D

I’m sorry but they’re tiny little things best life to those vertically challenged.

I'm 5'5''(on a warm day), and my Monza is just the right size. But it does look tiny next to anything modern.
High pegs and low bars mean it's not the most comfortable thing, I imagine a normal v50 would be fine.

Had a 1981 Mark 3 back in 1984, lovely bike, I was and still am 6', though significantly younger :) fitted me fine, though the longest trip I did was Crystal Palace to Peterborough for ye olde BMF show. M11 was a pain, not what it's for, but brilliant on A/B roads around Kent and Sussex. Commuted into Park Lane for a year

Back
Top Bottom