Comprehensive user's manual now available for Hex ezCAN.

Nick V

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
:thumb2

I've heard unfounded complaints that the ezCAN and Denali CANSmart are 'hard to install' or 'hard to use'.

They are no such thing. They do, however, require a small amount of patience and a rational, methodical approach.
Like the bikes they're designed for, they are not for you if you're the type who thinks 'Problem solving' means 'Hand me a bigger hammer'.

Thanks - not bought yet, but this may help me press "add to basket" :)

I'd recommend it. :)
The second-generation units have a startling array of functions, and new functions are being added all the time.

Hex are now also making ezCANs for Harley-Davidson and KTM as well.

I'd recommend it. :)
The second-generation units have a startling array of functions, and new functions are being added all the time.

Hex are now also making ezCANs for Harley-Davidson and KTM as well.

Hi Nick,

Can you tell me what new functions have been recently added.

Many thanks.

Can you tell me what new functions have been recently added.

On Gen. 2s:
- Any lighting, accessory or horn function can be assigned to any of the four circuits. 13 different functions available per circuit.
- The 'Engine braking' function allows you to set the brake light(s) to activate when you roll off the throttle.
- Any power circuit can be set to power aux. turn signals, or single lights acting in concert as running/brake/turn lights.
- Forward-facing aux lights can be set to 'modulate' (to give a subtle sine-wave pulse) during the day, increasing visibility.
- Device diagnostic UI features have been added and improved.

If you want periodic updates on new features and functions, the best way is to sign up for Hex's newsletter. Have a look on the hexezcan.com website.

Brilliant piece ok kit. Installed aux lights and brake light on my XR. Most challenging part was removing the side panels to route the wires. Plan it all out carefully take your time and it’s well worth it.

On Gen. 2s:
- Any lighting, accessory or horn function can be assigned to any of the four circuits. 13 different functions available per circuit.
- The 'Engine braking' function allows you to set the brake light(s) to activate when you roll off the throttle.
- Any power circuit can be set to power aux. turn signals, or single lights acting in concert as running/brake/turn lights.
- Forward-facing aux lights can be set to 'modulate' (to give a subtle sine-wave pulse) during the day, increasing visibility.
- Device diagnostic UI features have been added and improved.

If you want periodic updates on new features and functions, the best way is to sign up for Hex's newsletter. Have a look on the hexezcan.com website.

Hi Nick,
Many thanks for your comprehensive reply. Most helpful :thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2

I’ve a gen one unit and wondered if anyone knows whether the blue spot warning light in the dash can be triggered by having the lights on? I know when you get after market spots you sometimes have to have the warning light ‘enabled’ by Bmw, wondered if it’s the same for this too?

I’ve a gen one unit and wondered if anyone knows whether the blue spot warning light in the dash can be triggered by having the lights on? I know when you get after market spots you sometimes have to have the warning light ‘enabled’ by Bmw, wondered if it’s the same for this too?

Do you mean if HexCan can enable the spot light indicator at the dashboard? Then no. The HexCan only listen to the canbus. I cannot communicate with the canbus.

Do you mean if HexCan can enable the spot light indicator at the dashboard? Then no. The HexCan only listen to the canbus. I cannot communicate with the canbus.

Yes that’s was it.
Thank you!

Anyone know what the differences in device terms are between a hex ezcan for R series and one for S series ie are they the same thing and same software internally? In effect, are they interchangeable?

Jim

Back
Top Bottom