One more sleep!!

Yeah Ive ordered new, Its in the dealers now,but makes sense to wait till sept first. Ive ordered new Twin slashes for it and will have the ECU flashed. I agree the fuel pack is too expensive. I am also having the bike Ceramic coated. Its the gloss black version. The only thing I dont really like is the black on the screen, I think the older model screen which is full clear looks better. I am sure it will grow on me.

When the "new " model came out few years back, I wasn't a fan of it .looks wise, but it grew on me,so I knew I would have one one day. So it will come stage one ready and part from adding a sissy bar one day, I know I wont do much else to it. picture to follow on delivery

Yep, mine gloss black too, and gradually getting blacker! Mine also came with a sissy bar, so saved a few quid there. Funny, I like the half black screen, but it's not very often fitted. Why don't you order black pipes rather than have chrome ones ceramic coated when you have the choice from new?

Hi DC, Yep, still loving it! Although I wouldn't get too hung up with fuelpaks etc., I've got one on mine and, tbh although it does possibly make a difference (which may be all in my head), I'm not sure it's £350-£400's worth of difference. Doris has the right idea......just ride the thing for a while, the odd farkle here and there (loud pipes obvs.!) The 114 has so much low down grunt I'm not sure there's much point. I know the improvements to the softail chassis make the bike surprisingly agile for a H-D but the stock power from the engine means it's still a handful! I am probably going to remove my fp3 and put it back to a stock tune today and see if I notice the difference. There is also the warranty to consider (assuming your's will have at least 12 months? as I don't know whether you are buying new or S/H.?
They are similar to GS's in that you can really make it yours....I am slowly going all black on mine. Over the winter I am probably going to have the pipes ceramic coated along with the heat shields on the headers....about 1/3 of the price of buying new black slip ons and shields.
Let me know how you get on with the possible purchase and throw a pic of it in.:thumb2

FP3 is sold by the dealers and most are ok with them. Be aware that they already know that it’s been fitted, even if you go back to stock tune so pointless removing it. Have a play with the fp3 app, it can actually do loads of stuff, it’ll never match a proper Dyno tune from somewhere reputable, but mine is far snappier with the fp3 and has less holes in the fuelling than the stock tune.

Yep, mine gloss black too, and gradually getting blacker! Mine also came with a sissy bar, so saved a few quid there. Funny, I like the half black screen, but it's not very often fitted. Why don't you order black pipes rather than have chrome ones ceramic coated when you have the choice from new?
I had the option to go for black cans.
I think All black like you are aiming for is nice, but I just prefer the odd chrome detail to break it up, hence going down the shiny route

Just spent the evening trying to hang on to the shirt tails of Mrs Flip on her Tracer 700 which is both quicker and handles much better, oh how I laughed :D Heavy synthetic gear oil has made the gearbox much nicer! Just shy of 200 miles of smiles. Her bike used about 12 litres of fuel and the Harley used nearly double that, but all that noise has to have fuel too.

Colwyn Bay for Dinner (little un is having a sleep over with one of her ‘bubble’ friends).

If you’re ever in Colwyn Bay search out the Pen-Y-Bryn lovely food, great views, follow the signs to the zoo then carry on past it and it’s up on the estate at the top.

I've not tried heavy gear oil, must give it a go on the next service. Meanwhile I'll crack on with Massey Ferguson
gear changes, especially when it's dropped into first at junctions frightening passers by.:D
Could you tell me what spec the gear oil is?
BTW,I don't think there's a risk of starting an 'oil thread' in here, we're on safe ground.:D

Just checked out the Pen-y-Bryn and it looks good. I see they're doing the 50% discount thing on food and also
serve Timothy Taylors Landlord bitter. It's on my list:thumb2
If you continue up the coast a little further to Conwy there's a gem of a chippy. The Fisherman's Chip Shop
which is one street up from the harbour. The owner prides himself on his batter recipe and his cod are plentiful
and juicy. A must do if you're into F&C restaurants.

I've not tried heavy gear oil, must give it a go on the next service. Meanwhile I'll crack on with Massey Ferguson
gear changes, especially when it's dropped into first at junctions frightening passers by.:D
BTW,I don't think there's a risk of starting an 'oil thread' in here, we're on safe ground.:D

That made me laugh! Dropping it into first.....sounds like someone dropped an anvil!:D

I had the option to go for black cans.
I think All black like you are aiming for is nice, but I just prefer the odd chrome detail to break it up, hence going down the shiny route

I see where you are coming from.......as a 'nod' to the chrome 'cult' :D I will probably keep the tips their original chrome finish. I haven't 100% made my mind up yet which way to go.
I have just changed the mirrors and bar levers to black ones. I inquired at the local HD dealer (Cheltenham), it wasn't the extra HD cost that put me off, just the wait for parts at the moment.............months and months! Bought pattern parts in the end from amazon, and they are good, heavy quality and fit perfectly.

I don't know which dealer you are buying from or what they are like but ask them if they have come across the M8 softail parasitic battery draw problem yet?
The subject is doing the rounds on HD forums and apparently is an easy fix by resetting the instrumentation. It happened to mine when I went to ride it on Friday just gone....flat as a pancake...it had been sitting only since last Sunday , so 4 days. Now I keep it on the battery tender when not in use.:thumb

Just spent the evening trying to hang on to the shirt tails of Mrs Flip on her Tracer 700 which is both quicker and handles much better, oh how I laughed :D Heavy synthetic gear oil has made the gearbox much nicer! Just shy of 200 miles of smiles. Her bike used about 12 litres of fuel and the Harley used nearly double that, but all that noise has to have fuel too.

Colwyn Bay for Dinner (little un is having a sleep over with one of her ‘bubble’ friends).

If you’re ever in Colwyn Bay search out the Pen-Y-Bryn lovely food, great views, follow the signs to the zoo then carry on past it and it’s up on the estate at the top.

Next time you’re in Colwyn Bay, give Chicago 1935 Diner in Old Colwyn a go.....the German cook..is actually a real Chef....

I don't know which dealer you are buying from or what they are like but ask them if they have come across the M8 softail parasitic battery draw problem yet?
The subject is doing the rounds on HD forums and apparently is an easy fix by resetting the instrumentation. It happened to mine when I went to ride it on Friday just gone....flat as a pancake...it had been sitting only since last Sunday , so 4 days. Now I keep it on the battery tender when not in use.:thumb

thanks for the heads up on that, I will mention it. Ive bought from Preston Harley Before,they tend to fit a tender lead to the battery. so will keep an optimal on it too. will log onto some UKHD forums to get more into many thanks

thanks for the heads up on that, I will mention it. Ive bought from Preston Harley Before,they tend to fit a tender lead to the battery. so will keep an optimal on it too. will log onto some UKHD forums to get more into many thanks

Apparently, H-D have sent out a service bulletin about it so it's something they are aware of. Apart from the reset fix they have instructed dealers to keep them on tenders whilst in the showroom (overnight I would imagine) mainly because the battery on the new Softails is such a pig to get at! I've just ordered a NOCO portable battery booster (which will come in handy anyway) just in case I'm away on the bike at some point and it happens again.:thumb

Just checked out the Pen-y-Bryn and it looks good. I see they're doing the 50% discount thing on food and also
serve Timothy Taylors Landlord bitter. It's on my list:thumb2
If you continue up the coast a little further to Conwy there's a gem of a chippy. The Fisherman's Chip Shop
which is one street up from the harbour. The owner prides himself on his batter recipe and his cod are plentiful
and juicy. A must do if you're into F&C restaurants.

Thanks for heads up on the chippy I think those who know me will know I’m a fan:D:thumb

Attachments

• F8C87412-0AD3-4BB8-80DB-F1B5AED105B7.jpeg
    F8C87412-0AD3-4BB8-80DB-F1B5AED105B7.jpeg
    34 KB · Views: 136
Apparently, H-D have sent out a service bulletin about it so it's something they are aware of. Apart from the reset fix they have instructed dealers to keep them on tenders whilst in the showroom (overnight I would imagine) mainly because the battery on the new Softails is such a pig to get at! I've just ordered a NOCO portable battery booster (which will come in handy anyway) just in case I'm away on the bike at some point and it happens again.:thumb

It MAY be just the 2018 bikes affected (see below) but worth checking:thumb

Attachments

• Harley softail battery drain.jpg
    Harley softail battery drain.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 123
as promised quick snap of the Heritage taken today ...couple of hours after it arrived

OInfRTu.jpg

I have removed the huge number plate sticking up and put on a lay down plate holder, V+H eliminators with a remapped ECU , The dealer put a ceramic protection coating on it, Thats it for now

as promised quick snap of the Heritage taken today ...couple of hours after it arrived

OInfRTu.jpg

I have removed the huge number plate sticking up and put on a lay down plate holder, V+H eliminators with a remapped ECU , The dealer put a ceramic protection coating on it, Thats it for now

Very nice, exactly like mine! I ditched the front fork reflectors and the front wheel hub cap/dog bowl on mine.

OInfRTu.jpg

Very nice.

Back
Top Bottom