Seriously considering an R1200R...

They go like fuck, less weight than a GS but same power, I've been tempted myself in the past although I'm tempted by anything I like the look of.

Cracking bike, had one for two years, as said before better handling and lighter than a GS ,in the right hands can put sports bikes to shame,great touring bike too with the panniers fitted.A small screen may help ,see how you get on.I chucked on an Akrapovic,sounded awesome
Enjoy, looks a belter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. I am really looking forward to it. It's at North Oxford Motorrad so I should have a decent first ride back to Shropshire

Well, I’ve done the deed. Mileage is a tad high at 7,000 for a one year old bike, but it’s got a 24 month warranty with it. Pick up sometime next week. Excited!

ea5183bac5d8a01639cba9147b3c7f2a.jpg

Very nice, you don't hang around, nice colour scheme, not seen that before.

1250 eh. Very nice, enjoy. I think one of the best things they did with the R series, was to drop the telelever forks and go back conventional, gives so much more feel to the bike.

1250 eh. Very nice, enjoy. I think one of the best things they did with the R series, was to drop the telelever forks and go back conventional, gives so much more feel to the bike.
Yes, this one crept to just a little bit beyond my budget at £11,150, but I gave way to temptation Thanks for your posts about the bike's characteristics - definitely helped me make up my mind. Inevitably, I'm now looking for farkles . First one ordered is the Puig hugger.

This old girl is so sweet,had a lot of fun on the 850.
I do fancy a 1200 though.

Attachments

• IMG_5876.jpg
    IMG_5876.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 284
Back in 2006, when I took my 1200GS into Balderston's for its first service, they loaned me an 850 for the day. At first, I thought, "Hmmm." But then I rode it and it felt perfectly balanced. I loved it!

Was sitting looking at a red framed version today while the GS had some work done,

was so tempted to swing my leg over it, but i had to resist ;)

Agree it is a cracking looking bike :)

I also have a V85TT Guzzi. What can I say,

Have they got a new one out ?

there was a gold coloured one in the local dealers last week, It looked like a matt gold tank with some longditudial stripes on it,

compared to the Yellow White model it looked stunning

Have they got a new one out ?

there was a gold coloured one in the local dealers last week, It looked like a matt gold tank with some longditudial stripes on it,

compared to the Yellow White model it looked stunning

It's called the V85TT Travel. Comes with panniers, taller screen, heated grips, maybe some other bots and bobs. It's exactly the same bike but with some extras bolted on. Nice thing is, it's the same price as the tri-coloured bikes. It looks very nice in the flesh.

I'm now looking for farkles . First one ordered is the Puig hugger.

I've added, windscreen ( a must for me) handguards, radiator guard and an Avant alternator cover guard. Bought them as a job lot from here. It also came with a low seat, but I managed to source a standard one which is much better, even with my short legs. Still need to find a hugger or maybe a mudsling. Could be tempted by an exhaust if a nice one crops up.
Watched a video from Teapotone, he stated it would be the bike he would own rather than a GS, the only reason he's staying with the GS is, he's 6'4" and 20 stone. To be fair it does look a bit small under him.

I had an R1200R (red frame, white tank) in between my current 1250GS and my previous 1200GS; I really enjoyed the way it handled, but the headlight was not only ugly but useless at night (particularly after having an LED on the triple black GS), the other thing is that the OE screen reflects the headlight back at you on high beam.
If it wasn’t for the headlight niggles I would probably have kept it.

I've added, windscreen ( a must for me) handguards, radiator guard and an Avant alternator cover guard. Bought them as a job lot from here. It also came with a low seat, but I managed to source a standard one which is much better, even with my short legs. Still need to find a hugger or maybe a mudsling. Could be tempted by an exhaust if a nice one crops up.
Watched a video from Teapotone, he stated it would be the bike he would own rather than a GS, the only reason he's staying with the GS is, he's 6'4" and 20 stone. To be fair it does look a bit small under him.
Alternator guard? Not seen one of those, despite going on this farkle binge over the weekend:

1. Puig hugger
2. Pig touring screen and mount
3. BMW rear mudguard from "KFM online"
4. Evotech radiator guard
5. Evotech engine guard
6. Wunderlich cylinder head guards

I had an R1200R (red frame, white tank) in between my current 1250GS and my previous 1200GS; I really enjoyed the way it handled, but the headlight was not only ugly but useless at night (particularly after having an LED on the triple black GS), the other thing is that the OE screen reflects the headlight back at you on high beam.
If it wasn’t for the headlight niggles I would probably have kept it.
It's incredible that BMW don't check these things out when designing them, isn't it?

Alternator guard? Not seen one of those,

It's called 'Avant Guard engine protector' covers the whole of the front of the engine. I was a bit dubious but it looks good and does what it says. I think they can be bought as a package with the mudsling.

Back
Top Bottom