Seriously considering an R1200R...

It's called 'Avant Guard engine protector' covers the whole of the front of the engine. I was a bit dubious but it looks good and does what it says. I think they can be bought as a package with the mudsling.
Ah, yes. I've seen it. Thanks.

I had an R1200R (red frame, white tank) in between my current 1250GS and my previous 1200GS; I really enjoyed the way it handled, but the headlight was not only ugly but useless at night (particularly after having an LED on the triple black GS), the other thing is that the OE screen reflects the headlight back at you on high beam.
If it wasn’t for the headlight niggles I would probably have kept it.

I was surprised to see that the new R1250R still has a bulbed headlight. WTF BMW? :blast

By the way, this is the rear mudguard I bought. Anyone using one?
95dcdcdacf15cf894c011b2ba327ca7d.jpg
4d8e854d5194388fd3aa84e71bcb33fc.jpg

Whats wrong with bulbs :nenau they have worked fine for decades. :augie

He's right, what is wrong with a bulb headlight ? In all the bikes I've had and all the miles I've done I've never blown a headlight bulb, and who cares what they are like in the dark, I take the car when it's dark. :blast

By the way, this is the rear mudguard I bought. Anyone using one?

Yes, on my 2015 R1200R Sport. It's a move away from the look favoured by the "tail tidy" brigade, but is much better at keeping muck off the back of the bike.

It was OEM fitment on early Australian spec bikes apparently.

Yes, on my 2015 R1200R Sport. It's a move away from the look favoured by the "tail tidy" brigade, but is much better at keeping muck off the back of the bike.

It was OEM fitment on early Australian spec bikes apparently.
Ah, thanks. Keeping muck off the back of the bike is more important to me than a tidy tail To me, it doesn't look bad anyway.

More cost cutting. :rolleyes:

They’re shit, that’s what’s wrong with them. Hence why all manufacturers are moving to LED. ;)

And off course you being an “expert” on here, you would know that. funny how they were, and still are fitted to billions of vehicles worldwide. You better trot off and let all the manufacturers know they have been fitting “shite” to their cars and while your at it better tell the bods at DVSA that the vehicles shouldn’t be passing an MOT since their lights are defective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rode her home this afternoon - Oxford to South Shropshire via the Cotswolds. I loved it. Very happy. Thanks for all the advice/thoughts/comments. Much appreciated.

Attachments

• 20200623_165505.jpg
    20200623_165505.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 297
Rode her home this afternoon - Oxford to South Shropshire via the Cotswolds. I loved it. Very happy. Thanks for all the advice/thoughts/comments. Much appreciated.

Lovely, enjoy. Been out on mine for a bit this afternoon. They really are effortless to ride.

And off course you being an “expert” on here, you would know that. funny how they were, and still are fitted to billions of vehicles worldwide. You better trot off and let all the manufacturers know they have been fitting “shite” to their cars and while your at it better tell the bods at DVSA that the vehicles shouldn’t be passing an MOT since their lights are defective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billions? And if they’re so good, why are all manufacturers moving to LED then?

I myself had a three R1200R boxers...despite the funky styling loved how they rode/handled.The new one despite it's vastly superior 1250 engine did not interest me because of the missing Telelever that works so much better than a fork especially under hard braking and when the pavement gets bumpy...But in my opinion the R ist still the better bike than the RS because it is quicker steering due to less trail...the lower forklegs and the attachment of the front wheel are slightly different on R and RS .

It's a funny thing, what folks like and don't like. Personally I'm not a lover of the Telelever front suspension. Yes, it stops some front end dive when braking, but for me just makes the whole front end feel very numb.
My recently acquired 2017 R1200R sport is most probably the nicest boxer engine bike I've ever owned, and I've owned a few.
It handles very nicely and gives much more confidence than other boxer engine bikes I've owned. Personally, I believe it's down to the front suspension set up
But it's all relative, if you love your bike, whatever it is, that's great.

Back
Top Bottom