I miss my old Elsie - RD250LC parts project build.

Here we go everyone the latest installment on the Rd250lc engine rebuild made some great progress today in other news I've decided to sell my rd250c aircooled to fund n to make room for a gsa again :)

It must be nice fitting that NOS stuff - all unmessed with and unbodged, very nice.

Looking good, please keep it coming...:thumb2

Your loft must have looked like a shelf at Fowlers Yamaha in the day. Fancy having parts laid aside for 10 years with the vision you would use them one day. Im so envious and looking forward to the first start up video.

Thanks Jonnie an Steve, Yeah it's been a long road to get to this point all the little bits that can be really hard to get.

The progress will probably slow down ever so slightly now as I'm waiting to send my oil pump off to be professionally rebuilt use a guy called arrow on all the owners clubs for two strokes, total piece of mind as he alters them slightly to get round some of the issues the pumps used to cause.

Hopefully should have the engine sitting in the chassis on Saturday :)

Pretty much Steve luckily I got into them at 19 with my dad when no one else was really paying attention to them so was able to get bit's with the vision of building a bike like this when I got the top end I was really happy but getting the new old stock carbs that was the icing on the cake.

Well oops!

Thanks to Andy who pointed it out over on the lc fb group totally missed that I had put the base gaskets on flipped. Just waiting on new top end genuine gaskets arriving. Then the top end should be back on the egine on monday :)

Back
Top Bottom